User Tag List

Everyone always has a friend with some company.
    2009-07-04 10:01 PM
    Everyone always has a friend with some company.
    Well i spoke with his ATT friend a while back, but i mean what he said wasnt wrong, the wrong part was that they can detect all iphones not just 3gs.
    2009-07-04 10:42 PM
    Go read on brosspref, and how my turning off Edge and 3g will not allow ATT to detect that ur using Iphone.
    So why didn't you just buy an ipod touch? Thats essentially what turning off Edge and 3G does.. it makes it so you don't use any cellular network...
    -Eric

-White iPhone 3GS 32GB. (For SALE)
    -15" MacBook Pro. Aluminum.
    2009-07-06 06:23 PM
    Go read on brosspref, and how my turning off Edge and 3g will not allow ATT to detect that ur using Iphone.
    bosspref allows you to turn off edge and 3g so you are not using AT&T's internet BUT once you pop in that sim card into your iphone and it registers with the network, your iPhone's IMEI is sent to the service provider and they WILL know that you are using an iphone. it's the same with EVERY phone
    2009-07-06 06:36 PM
    I have had my 3G since it came out, broke it 4 times and been replaced (once was a warranty issue). If you restore it, they don't care at the Apple store. You shouldnt buy a Apple warranty anyways, buy one through a third party. They cover accidental damage and a lot better than anything you can get. Same price and longer coverage too.

Hell, the thing locked up and won't connect to the cell network or allow me to access anything on it one and I brought it in with a locked up screen with the apple logo. The system was jailbroken, had cracked apps, etc. and they looked at it for 5 min and gave me a new one.
    2009-07-06 07:00 PM
    My 2G bottom strip wasn't responsive so I took it to the Apple Genius bar, they took a look at it for a min and gave me a brand new 2G 3 days ago (I'm already out of warranty). I didn't even bother restoring the phone, it was jailbroken/unlocked.
    2009-07-06 09:24 PM
    bosspref allows you to turn off edge and 3g so you are not using AT&T's internet BUT once you pop in that sim card into your iphone and it registers with the network, your iPhone's IMEI is sent to the service provider and they WILL know that you are using an iphone. it's the same with EVERY phone
    Its more than just brosspref that does that, i can still make calls but i also have to do something else on the phone to remove the data plan.

As for the other post where can i get third party warranties?
    Found this:

http://sellerblog.squaretrade.com/ma...xt-best-t.html
    Last edited by Phoe; 2009-07-07 at 01:27 AM.
    2009-07-07 12:06 AM
    Is there no way of deleting these files that get left behind using SSH or Diskaid?
    2009-07-07 01:43 AM
    Anyone that works for a phone company thinks they know more about phones than anyone. Yay, you are a 20 year old that works part time at a AT&T booth and asks people if they're 18 when they walk by all day.
    2009-07-07 02:16 AM
    Its more than just brosspref that does that, i can still make calls but i also have to do something else on the phone to remove the data plan.

As for the other post where can i get third party warranties?
    Found this:

SquareTrade CarePlus: The next best thing to iPhone insurance
    You're still not getting it. EVERY PHONE HAS AN IMEI. Now, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO your phone is going to send that to AT&T periodically so THEY WILL know you're using an iPhone and you're going to get a text message saying you're using an iPhone without an eligible data plan.

Now from there, THEY CAN just tack the $30/month data plan onto your bill.

You cannot escape the data plan unless you can get a rare AT&T rep to remove it and block data but good luck with that.

I'm not trying to come off as a *****, I just think it's important you know that there's a 99% chance you're going to be paying for data.
    2009-07-07 02:31 AM
    Let me tell you a little story about my Nokia.
    I changed the product code so I can get an unbranded firmware.
    I used Nokia Software Updater to get the latest unbranded firmware and all was great.
    A month later I had a slight problem with phone and took it to the Nokia Repaird store. All they did was type my IMEI into their computer and it popped up telling them that I had changed the product code so it wasn't covered under warranty!! How did they know?!
    Well when I did the softare update, my product code was sent to Nokia.

Apple could have easily implemented this. When you update or reflash your software using ITunes, it can easily send back to apple your IMEI number and a note saying you have it Jailbroken.
    All they need is to check a database for your IMEI and they will know.

I dont know if they do this, but it is certainly possible for them and they are sure to start doing it.
    2009-07-20 11:10 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD