Check this out. The App Store application on my springboard say's I have an available application update. I know this because the badge icon over the App Store icon. I click it to check out what it is and it's for Skype; an application I've never had before. The only thing I can think of is the developers of Skype paid Apple to do this to get more downloads.

Here is a couple pictures to give you a better picture of what I'm talking about.

Last edited by FUKRIAA; 2009-07-06 at 03:29 AM.
    2009-07-06 03:03 AM
    It's because you installed a cracked version of BeeJiveIM on your iphone thru a well known crack site for iphone apps.. (Cough app Cough u Cough lo.us cough cough!) It uses a patch to cover the fact that it's cracked. STOP INSTALLING CRACKED APPS! BUY IT FROM THE APP STORE! IF YOU USE IT ENOUGH IT'S WORTH BUYING!

Just my .02
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.
    2009-07-06 04:36 AM
    haha, thats "cough" funny "cough" as hell!
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 
    2009-07-06 04:40 AM
    *Thanked*

Good to know, I'll keep this on the down low haha. I would buy more apps but I have no money; I spent it on my iPhone and an outrageous to AT&T every month.

I use cracked apps like a demo.
    2009-07-06 04:47 AM
    Tut tut tut u got busted!

Lol
    Last edited by se23; 2009-07-06 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-06 04:51 AM
    No worries bro. But before you ask a question like that, next time, try to figure out why the icon of the app you just installed that's cracked is renamed to a different app for a reason.... it should dawn on you pretty quickly.

I'll say this tho, it's quite the clever cracker who figured that one out.
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.
    2009-07-06 04:56 AM
    No worries bro. But before you ask a question like that, next time, try to figure out why the icon of the app you just installed that's cracked is renamed to a different app for a reason.... it should dawn on you pretty quickly.

I'll say this tho, it's quite the clever cracker who figured that one out.
    Oh wow I didn't even notice it said "Skype" I just awesome it was BeeJive by the icon.
    2009-07-06 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD