User Tag List

Hi guys,

Just wondered if anyone knew if MobileMe works on an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone? With all features working? It is on the Orange network.

Thank you,
    Regards,
    CJ
    2009-07-07 06:56 PM
    yes all the pointless features will work
    2009-07-07 07:06 PM
    sure does
    2009-07-07 07:48 PM
    ha i was thinking the same thing about mobile me, thank god i didnt pay for this, i got a year free when i got my iMac
    2009-07-08 12:21 AM
    Yeah thanks guys,

I can also clarify first hand, I have set mobileme up and it works just fine

//CJ
    2009-07-08 08:10 PM
    Pointless like being able to instantly over the air sync all your contacts and such so you'll never loose them? Or pointless like being able to track your phone? Among other things
    2009-07-09 12:56 AM
    Pointless like being able to instantly over the air sync all your contacts and such so you'll never loose them? Or pointless like being able to track your phone? Among other things
    Completely agree with you, MobileMe is a great concept, only having to update contacts in one place! Also calender, not having to keep updating calender in multiple places.

MobileMe makes it real easy to re-sync most of your data if you have lost or have had your phone stolen.

Regards,
    Chris.
    2009-07-09 10:54 AM
    ^+1 Finding your phone is not a "pointless" feature if you ask me
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-07-09 07:17 PM
    MobileMe is great and it works on a jaibroken and unlocked device, i can confirm that for you.
    2009-07-09 07:34 PM
    If you say Mobileme works for unlocked iPhones... does that include PUSH messages can be enabled?
    2009-12-07 07:07 PM
    yes

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    2009-12-07 08:34 PM
    I don't know why Mobileme isn't working with my iPhone/push messages. I'm on the free trial to make sure I know push messages will work with my unlocked iPhone before I pay for the 1yr subscription.

I made an account, turned on all settings on iPhone including Fetch new Data to PUSH. And added my iPhone # to the account as well. I wanted to test out "locate my iPhone" on mobileme.com. But it couldn't find my phone. It would say, "No devices registered...Your MobileMe account needs to be set up on an iPhone running iPhone OS 3.0 with Push enabled." Which it is.

So I don't know what to do now... am I missing something? Did I miss a step?
    2009-12-07 10:52 PM
    Completely agree. I dont know what alek and glassJAw are smoking, but MobileMe works great.

All the features are well worth it. Syncing, iDisk, Find my iPhone are all great.

One note though to people using Find my iPhone. Make sure you dont turn off location services or Push, as these are required to send the location of your phone. If either is off, you probably will not find it. That is the only drawback I think, other that it is great.

Bottom line, if you lose your iPhone, hope you had Push and Location Services on, or else you are SOL.
    2009-12-07 11:46 PM
    I don't know why Mobileme isn't working with my iPhone/push messages. I'm on the free trial to make sure I know push messages will work with my unlocked iPhone before I pay for the 1yr subscription.

I made an account, turned on all settings on iPhone including Fetch new Data to PUSH. And added my iPhone # to the account as well. I wanted to test out "locate my iPhone" on mobileme.com. But it couldn't find my phone. It would say, "No devices registered...Your MobileMe account needs to be set up on an iPhone running iPhone OS 3.0 with Push enabled." Which it is.

So I don't know what to do now... am I missing something? Did I miss a step?
    Mobile Me is really easy to setup, you just go to settings, Mail Contacts Calendar and then click add account and MobileMe....as long as all 3 items are turned on then it will work. That is a very quick brief explanation that i remember from my head, i might have missed something...but at least you can see if your doing something similar.

I have tried mobile me and I can honestly say it's not worth me paying the money for it, I have GMAIL and that has free push email, contacts and calendar. Gmail is my usual email account, so it made sense just to use that, instead of changing all my accounts to the mobile me one. Only thing I don't have is the photo gallery and idisk...but I can honestly say I wouldn't use them anyway. One feature I forgot to mention is find my iPhone, which is very useful...

Kind regards - Chris
    Last edited by cartwright118; 2009-12-08 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Forgot find me
    2009-12-08 08:17 AM
    hi guys,
    newbie is here. I have a question:
    how can i download MobileMe from cydia? I search for it but they are all THemes. How about the application? Thanks.
    2010-01-08 06:00 AM
    mobileme is a service from apple
    2010-01-08 06:03 AM
    You have to buy MobileMe to use it from Apple. You can not download it.

Oops- didn't see your post stealth

2010-01-08 06:55 AM
    HELP - mobileme isn't syncing contacts, bookmarks to my iphone (somehow i can get mail and the iCal

ok - been at this for a few days....

1. have a refurb '5K prefix' serial number phone, but is definitely the 'pre-tether' hardware
    2. blackrained/blacksnow/3.1.2/tmob/G1 plan
    3. had no youtube, push was working like crap so decided to do it all over and start from scratch....

what i found out...

1. method A
    a.start with full refresh, ATT sim and then activated
    b.blackrain/snow
    c.put in tmob sim
    d.everything works, except for the mobileme push
    e.the only way i got the calendars to work is to go to settings>mail/contacts...>calendars>events 1 month back (change this setting to something else.... and i got calendars, but nothing else - bookmarks, contacts)

2. method b
    a. start out with full refresh
    b. redsnow/blacksnow
    c. same deal as above

i've tried everything...
    1. mobme settings on my macbook: advanced > unregister
    2. iphone trick : enter wrong name/pass, then put in the real one
    3. iphone trick : turn on/off cal/contacts/mail/bookmarks one by one, restart..

kinda going crazy.... help pls.
    2010-01-30 09:38 AM
    There is this wonderful thing called MobileMe Support through Apple. They even have live help. Here is a link:
    Apple - Support - MobileMeThey will assist you with all of your problems. Just leave out the part where your iPhone is jailbroken

2010-01-30 03:26 PM
    Yep. That's what I did.

Went to MobileMe on the mac.
    Backed everything up.
    Then reset sync.
    Copied all files from computer to cloud.
    Then synced up.

Pretty much felt like an idiot.

But now everything works!!!
    Utube and push notifications.
    2010-01-31 01:00 AM
26 12