i bought a used iphone off ebay then replaced it with a new one through warranty. I cant use warranty for the replacement iphone until the phone is activated and i use tmobile. is there a way to activate the replacement iphone without getting a contract?
    2009-07-11 01:03 PM
    Activation doesn't have anything to do with your warranty.

Your warranty starts as soon as you receive the phone. If you received the phone as a replacement, you get a 90-day warranty, or the remainder of your original warranty, whichever is longer.
    2009-07-11 04:02 PM
    this is what it says when i check warranty status

Warranty information about your iPhone

Our records indicate this product has not been activated. Learn how to activate your iPhone. Please note that warranty service is not dependent on activating your iPhone. For more information, please contact us.

If you believe that this information is inaccurate, learn how to update your coverage status. Please put your sales receipt in a safe place. You will need it for warranty validation.

Please note: You will be charged for the costs of any repair unless you can provide valid proof of purchase to update the status of your coverage.
    2009-07-11 09:05 PM
    your warranty is NOT dependent on activatig it, meaning u have warranty already
    2009-07-11 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD