Well, I have had problems all day with my iPhone and I've given up trying to back up from my previous states. I have updated to 3.0 and I just want to set up a new iPhone and start from fresh, but at the moment, it won't let me even do that.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my iTunes, but no dice. On my XP laptop the prompt shows up, but not on my Vista which has all my contacts.

Please advise.
    2009-07-12 05:08 AM
    You need to do a DFU restore.
    2009-07-12 05:16 AM
    2009-07-12 05:17 AM
    Did you get a pop up on your Windows status bar that said "DFU mode detected"?

1. Plug phone in
    2. Turn phone off
    3. Press both hold button and home button for 10 seconds
    4. Release hold button, continue to hold home button for 10 more seconds.
    2009-07-12 05:22 AM
    Did you get a pop up on your Windows status bar that said "DFU mode detected"?

1. Plug phone in
    2. Turn phone off
    3. Press both hold button and home button for 10 seconds
    4. Release hold button, continue to hold home button for 10 more seconds.
    I'm gonna try this one now...

How To Put Your iPhone Into DFU Mode | MacTalk Australia

Either way, it shouldn't make a difference right? My laptop was able to prompt and set up my iPhone.

I DFU restored and still no results, I'm getting this error when iTunes detects the phone. "iTunes was unable to load dataclass information from sync services. Reconnect or try again later."

Bump, my problem still has not been solved, although for some reason my contacts synced over but nothing else has.

iTunes still won't set up the phone.

Bump again... =(
    Last edited by DisturbedZen; 2009-07-13 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-13 04:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD