User Tag List

I just purchased a used iphone 2g and plan to run it with no data plan on AT&T, and use wifi only. I was wondering if after activating the MMS feature from being jailbroken,if it would work with the EDGE being deactivated so that I don't have to pay for a data plan. Forgive me if this has been covered I am new and I have been searching around a lot and found a great deal of information concerning other things so far.
    2009-07-12 06:15 AM
    Considering MMS is included with your data package, I'm going to guess not, however I'm not completely sure... This logic implies it should work on wifi, though. :/
    Respect your elders.
    2009-07-12 06:51 AM
    I would think not. MMS takes messages from your monthly tariff. If MMS used your wifi network for sending messages then there would be uproar that people where being charged for sending MMS without using the carriers data network. EMail will probably be better. I am going to turn on airplane mode now and try it .....

as i expected (see attached)
    Attached Thumbnails iphone 2g MMS with no EDGE??-img_0026.png  
    Last edited by reeko; 2009-07-12 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-07-12 09:04 AM
    Is there a way I could set up it so it does not use any pay for data connections and only uses the MMS data portion which is included in my unlimited messaging?
    2009-07-12 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD