I just got a 16Gig 3GS. I sync'd it to put all my contacts and what not on it, and then went into change my wallpaper and it wont change. ?? I deleted the picture that it was there originally, and I researched it and I don't have Customize installed or even have the new phone jailbroken yet. Anyone else running into this? Anyone help me with this. Thanks. JB
    2009-07-14 12:55 AM
    Not sure if you knew this already, but the default "Set picture to wallpaper" option only sets the wallpaper on your lock screen. The main wallpaper is always black.

Now if you jailbreak and use Winterboard, you can change your wallpaper on the main (aka springboard) screen as well.

Good luck!
    2009-07-14 03:05 AM
    I just got a 16Gig 3GS. I sync'd it to put all my contacts and what not on it, and then went into change my wallpaper and it wont change. ?? I deleted the picture that it was there originally, and I researched it and I don't have Customize installed or even have the new phone jailbroken yet. Anyone else running into this? Anyone help me with this. Thanks. JB
    Are you talking about the springboard wallpaper or the lockscreen wallpeper.

Like kwickone said, you can change the lockscreen wallpaper under settings.

For the springboard background, use winterboard (the easiest way) or you can SSH into iPhone and change manually. SSHing isn't hard, but it's just not that convenient.
    Last edited by kzhlin; 2009-07-14 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-14 04:29 AM
    Are you talking about the springboard wallpaper or the lockscreen wallpeper.

Like kwickone said, you can change the lockscreen wallpaper under settings.

For the springboard background, use winterboard (the easiest way) or you can SSH into iPhone and change manually. SSHing isn't hard, but it's just not that convenient.
    I understand that I would need to jailbreak for changing my springboard and either winterboard or some other program for that. This is happening in my lockscreen wallpaper. I go to settings and and change my wallpaper under setting and it does not change. Apple support has no idea how to fix this and I am looking for some additional help Thanks.
    2009-07-17 11:10 PM
    I can't seem to get wallpapers working either. I've enabled the user wallpaper option for winterboard, and set the wallpaper in the settings, and whilst it shows up on the lock screen, the main wallpaper remains black. Any ideas?
    2009-07-20 10:13 AM
    This used to work on older firmware, so I can't guarantee it but its worth a try. Use at your own risk.

You'll need to jailbreak the phone in order to SSH into it.

Then go to private/var/mobile/Library and delete Lockbackground.jpg. After that, go back to settings and change your wallpaper, then restart.
    Apples taste good.
    2009-07-20 10:31 AM
    This used to work on older firmware, so I can't guarantee it but its worth a try. Use at your own risk.

You'll need to jailbreak the phone in order to SSH into it.

Then go to private/var/mobile/Library and delete Lockbackground.jpg. After that, go back to settings and change your wallpaper, then restart.
    I jailbroke the phone as you spoke about and deleted the file using SSH. It worked, thanks for your help. Come to find out that is something that happened when I sync'd my old 3G phone, which was jailbroken and unlocked, I had the LockBackground.jpg, and everytime I restored it brought the same image back no matter what.
    2009-07-20 07:47 PM
    Well that fix was easy enough; found a Winterboard update on Cydia today, which seems to have sorted the problem!
    2009-07-20 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD