User Tag List

The major disappointment with the iPhone now is the inability to alter it GUI. Is there a way to like 1/2-JailBreak it so I can use an application such *** SpringBoard or WinterBoard, but not have to download future apps from Cydia/Somewhere Else, and rather still use the App Store.

Also, does WinterBoard (etc.) allow for landscape views in the home screen of the iPhone?
    2009-07-14 05:53 PM
    You can jailbreak and still use the appstore so I'm not sure what the issue is. I along with countless others here use both the appstore and Cydia.

Winterboard does allow for a somewhat landscape view but that has more to do with the theme than anything. There are a few themes that were designed for landscape use. Check the themes forum.
    2009-07-14 05:57 PM
    Okay cool thanks. There was no issue I was just making sure before I went ahead and did it.

Are there any negative side effects that come from jailbreaking? Like freezing/crashing or anything?
    2009-07-14 07:05 PM
    NO.
    2009-07-14 07:39 PM
    Okay cool thanks. There was no issue I was just making sure before I went ahead and did it.

Are there any negative side effects that come from jailbreaking? Like freezing/crashing or anything?
    As long as you do things right and don't install anything you're not supposed to, it's pretty hard to permanently mess a phone up these days.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-07-14 11:17 PM