How do you rename your icons with iphonebrowser? Which directory do I go to and which file do I rename. I don't want the Rename app because I always connect my phone to my computer anyways.
    2009-07-16 11:15 PM
    private/var/stash/themes/ *your theme name*/icons
    2009-07-16 11:18 PM
    I think you misunderstood my question. I want to rename the icons on my springboard. I used to use the "Rename App" to rename the labels of my icons on the spring board, but now I want to go into the directories with Iphonebrowser and do it there. The directory you gave me doesn't change the icons labels on the springboard. Can you please check for me? thanks
    2009-07-17 12:26 PM
    For some reason, I dont think thats a great idea...
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    2009-07-17 02:55 PM
    Sorry, misunderstood. Rename does not work for 3.0 as you know. I also wish it would so I could rename "videorecorder3", geez.
    2009-07-17 07:50 PM
    Rename does work for 3.0.. that's what i've been using. but now I want to change the names of the icons using iphonebrowser.. do you know which directory I have to go to?
    2009-07-17 10:20 PM
    How to rename applications on your iPhone Using Just iPhoneBrowser

If you do not have iPhoneBrowser, download iPhoneBrowser here

1) Turn on your iPhone
    2) Connect your iPhone
    3) Open iPhone Browser
    4) Expand Applications Folder
    5) Click the folder of the app you want to rename, in my case "videorecorder3"
    6) Right-Click the "Info.plist", "Save as..." to Desktop
    7) Minimize iPhoneBrowser and Open the "Info.plist" with Notepad or whatever...
    8) Now click Edit > Find, and find "<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>"
    9) Now after that there should be a tab-space, then "<string>English</string>" then a tab-space, then "<key>"
    10) Well between </string> and <key> there, we're are going to press tab (there should now be two tab-spaces) and type "<key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>" press tab and continue typing "<string>[Desired Name Here]</string>"
    11) Where I put [Desired Name Here] type whatever you want to name the app. In my case: "Camcorder"
    12) Save the file
    13) Close Notepad
    14) Drag the new Info.plist to the iPhoneBrowser folder where the old one was
    15) Count 1, 2, 3(while it transfers/overwrites the file)
    16) You can do either 17a or 17b
    17a) Reboot iPhone
    17b) If you have SBSettings, slide your finger to open it, and tap respring. Just wait until it's done
    18) You should now have the App renamed! yey no more ugly "videorecorder3" now it just says "Camcorder"!
    19) You may now close iPhoneBrowser...
    20) You may now disconnect your iPhone...
    Last edited by Namor21; 2009-11-11 at 11:18 PM. Reason: fixed it to make it to actually WORK lol
    2009-11-11 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD