Recently there was a new version of gpSPhone (GBA emulator) released, only thing is the update isn't free ($6 IIRC). I don't want to be forced to pay for the new version as the current version suits my needs just fine. Is there any way to get Cydia to ignore the update as the (1) next to the Cydia icon is getting on my nerves.
    2009-07-17 08:14 PM
    I got the same question...
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.
    2009-07-17 09:37 PM
    i have exactly the same issue. I have an update alert for the latest mobile substrate & ultrasn0w. i'm very wary of upgrading either esp. ultrasn0w as read negative comments on thebigboss.org. the '2' update alert on the cydia icon is so agonizing. i want to turn it off as well.

would appreciate help from someone here. thanks
    2009-07-18 09:49 AM
    same problem here, I had "tru-blu" theme but I dont any more, and it wants me to upgrade it..........but I dont want to pay for it!!!
    2009-12-21 04:40 AM
    Go to /var/lib/dpkg and edit the status file after backing it up.
    Search for the application you don't want to update and change the version number to the latest version number available and save it.
    Open Cydia and the update disappears.
    2009-12-21 09:57 AM
    HOW CAN U DELETE CYDIA OFF THE PHONE WITH OUT RESTOREING IT IN ITUNES

Read more about iphone by modmyi.com
    2009-12-21 01:52 PM
    Go to /var/lib/dpkg and edit the status file after backing it up.
    Search for the application you don't want to update and change the version number to the latest version number available and save it.
    Open Cydia and the update disappears.
    hmmmm,,,,,,,I dont have a status folder......
    2009-12-21 03:02 PM
    Status is a file, not a folder.
    It's a file without an extension, you can edit it with notepad++ on Windows or with iFile on your iPhone.
    I always backup files by zipping them with iFile before I edit them.
    Last edited by wim66; 2009-12-21 at 05:50 PM.
    2009-12-21 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD