Hello, community!

Lately i've realized that iPhone's are badass, and that my phone could use an upgrade. Being 16 years of age really restricts my monetary income, so over the past month I managed to scrounge up about $100 dollars. That being said, I've come to look for some answers from teh proffeshenulz.

1.) What generation of iPhone should I be looking for? Are 2G's old enough that I shouldn't consider them?

2.) I need a good medium to purchase said iPhone through. I've tried Craigslist with mixed results (search results and the like) and I'm currently eyeballing eBay, but I'm wary about making purchases there.

3. Should I abandon all hopes of purchasing an iPhone of good quality with the cash I've accrued not being enough?

And so that everybody is filled in, here's some general info about me:

- I'm on AT&T.
    - I don't plan on paying for data whatsoever. I'm going to use the Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone APN randomizer to avoid data charges, and just access the intarwebz through my homes WiFi connection.
    - I plan on Jailbreaking and customizing the iPhone. Unlocking it seems to be unnecessary considering I have an AT&T SIM card.
    - I plan on immediately purchasing a screen protector and case if neither is bundled with the phone upon purchase

I really appreciate anyone that leaves helpful comments, short or long!
    Thank You!!
    Last edited by mspainhour; 2009-07-21 at 04:16 AM.
    2009-07-21 04:13 AM
    For your budget, a 2G phone will cap your limits if you can find a decent one for that.
    eBay has a great policy that will protect you and the purchase.
    2009-07-21 04:16 AM
    Might you elaborate on this policy? I've never shopped through eBay...
    2009-07-21 04:19 AM
    Best you read it yourself to understand it. In a nut shell, if you receive it broken, damaged or in a non-working order you can get you money back from pay pal.
    Insist on insurance with shipping and assurance that it is in good working condition.
    Also buying from a eBay member that has a good selling history.
    2009-07-21 04:22 AM
    Ah, thank you for your hasty replies. So, would you recommend eBay to make my purchase?
    2009-07-21 04:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD