Like the title looking for the best GPS app out there wether available. Cydia or App store? Preferrably a simple one as well.
    2009-07-25 09:53 PM
    Ive tried Sygic MobileMaps and Navigon. Im liking Navigon better. Both Appstore.
    2009-07-25 09:57 PM
    I agree on Navigon.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-07-25 10:05 PM
    ^ +1 Navigon is less cartoonish/((but pricey)) to me.
    2009-07-25 10:13 PM
    Yeah I LOVE the graphics....screenshots of my phone last night...

2009-07-25 10:27 PM
    Yup, it's the best app for Nav out there for now. Can't wait to see what Tom Tom comes up with tho.
    2009-07-25 10:33 PM
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find Navigon spends more time saying "GPS reception is currently not sufficient" - seriously sometimes I can get where I am going before it picks up the satellites. XGPS doesn't have the problem, and will map me no problem but over the same routes with Navigon I nearly get where I am going before it picks me up. When it does work Navigon is excellent, great map view, good voice instructions and if you use a car mount then you can set your playlist off first and listen to that with the voice instructions played over the top of your music - something Xgps won't do. But for what Navigon costs I would have thought it would work when you want it to, rather then when it can be arsed. Seriously I walked back home tonight from a friends party, clear night no clouds, twenty minutes walk - thought I would show off Navigon - it still had no signal when I got home! Amused everyone I was with at my iphone 3g torch, holding it aloft all the way confident it would tell us the way, not a chance - just "GPS reception is currently not sufficient" - Navigon is not sufficiently working to rely on as a navigation program that is for sure.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac
    2009-07-25 11:40 PM
    Yes, but the instructions tell you it may take a few minutes to get the first signal. I've waited for 5 minutes before. But once I get it works flawlessly after that.
    2009-07-25 11:43 PM
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find Navigon spends more time saying "GPS reception is currently not sufficient" - seriously sometimes I can get where I am going before it picks up the satellites. XGPS doesn't have the problem, and will map me no problem but over the same routes with Navigon I nearly get where I am going before it picks me up. When it does work Navigon is excellent, great map view, good voice instructions and if you use a car mount then you can set your playlist off first and listen to that with the voice instructions played over the top of your music - something Xgps won't do. But for what Navigon costs I would have thought it would work when you want it to, rather then when it can be arsed. Seriously I walked back home tonight from a friends party, clear night no clouds, twenty minutes walk - thought I would show off Navigon - it still had no signal when I got home! Amused everyone I was with at my iphone 3g torch, holding it aloft all the way confident it would tell us the way, not a chance - just "GPS reception is currently not sufficient" - Navigon is not sufficiently working to rely on as a navigation program that is for sure.
    See for me Navigon picks up signal almost immediately, alot faster than Sygic. And doesnt drop out - or hasnt yet.

One thing they both SUX at is volume. Dont bother playing the radio or you wont hear the instructions.
    2009-07-25 11:48 PM
    ^ totally agree, But there have been a very few times I have had to wait for it to capture the signal. Best nav app for sure.
    2009-07-25 11:50 PM
    Navigon for sure!
    2009-07-25 11:54 PM
    I forked out the $$$$ and got it this morning. Was tired of using the plain ol maps feature. Havent fully tested it out just played with it around town and worked pretty good so far.

2 questions: Is 3G service required to use gps/this app? And how do I get this screen cpjr? Might need to contact them to get some more depth instructions or something
    2009-07-28 09:28 AM
    I have been enjoying navigon
    2009-07-28 09:41 AM
    The GPS unit in the iPhone is certainly not the best on the market. TomTom have decided to address this by using an external GPS unit built in to their mount - which. although effective, won't be cheap.
    ALK are still working on software correction and hopefully we will see an iPhone version of CoPilot in the next few months.
    In the mean time SatNav is still the one major area where the iPhone lags behind it's rivals.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-07-28 09:57 AM
    @bobright
    all the maps are preloaded (they come with the app) so you don't need any Internet connection whatsoever.
    2009-07-28 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD