Somebody please help !!!!!!
    I bought this i-phone new unlocked and jailbroken two months ago and have been using it with my vodafone sim since with no problems, but last week i tried to install apple i-tunes update 3.0 and immediately after, my screen went blank then re-appeared with 'emergency only' on it and the i-tunes logo with a usb lead telling me to connect to i-tunes , did this and the note on i-tunes said that my sim was not supported and that i had to install the correct sim card that was with the phone , but unfortunately there wasn't one as it was phone only and i am using my Vodafone sim.
    I have reinstalled the phone through i-tunes but nothing has changed !
    I desperately need this sorted as i have important numbers via sms on the phone that are needed for my work.
    Please help !!!!
    2009-07-27 09:17 PM
    You'll have to put the phone in DFU mode, restore to 3.0 and then re-jailbreak.
    Here is a link for DFU in case you need it.
    2009-07-27 09:34 PM
    Cheers , I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.
    2009-07-27 09:38 PM
    Make sure you set it up as a new phone, never sync from a previous J/B back up.
    2009-07-27 09:41 PM
    Doing that he will lose his important SMS!
    Just RedSn0w from where he is will get back into the phone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-07-27 09:47 PM
    No joy ..........again !!
    it goes through the complete reinstall programme but still ends up with the same block message on the i-tunes page which reads 'the sim card inserted into this phone does not appear to be supported, only compatible sim cards can be used to access i-phone. Please insert the sim card that came with your i-phone'.
    Now completely stuck and slightly frustrated , anybody else got any suggestions ?
    2009-07-27 10:01 PM
    Have you run RedSn0w with your SIM in? It should hactivate your phone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-07-27 10:03 PM
    Sorry not to clued up on the ins and outs of pc's , what is REDSNOW and how do i go about getting it ?
    2009-07-27 10:07 PM
    RedSn0w is the Jailbreak and unlock program for the 2G iPhone (JB only for the 3G/3GS)
    Download it from Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - Windows if you have a windows PC
    2009-07-27 10:10 PM
    He didn't mention anything about possibly saving SMS, that is why I figured he should restore it if running the hacktivation fails, he will have to.
    2009-07-27 10:36 PM
    From the first post
    I desperately need this sorted as i have important numbers via sms on the phone that are needed for my work
    I read that as he had some texts he needed saving.
    2009-07-27 10:38 PM
    ^ geez, I missed it not once but twice. my bad. ((ever had 2 of those days in a row?))
    I should know better then question you sir. Sorry, I stand humbled and corrected.
    2009-07-27 10:42 PM
    2 of those days in a row? i think I've just had 7
    2009-07-27 10:45 PM
    what works for me when needing to have unlocked a 2G iphone is to leave the sim out during the jailbreak and unlock process.

I did the following steps for my 2g which is my backup iphone:

1. installed 3.0 firmware via iTunes (with sim card out)
    2. Ran REDSNOW for the jailbreak and unlock (with sim card out)

doing this activates and unlocks the phone with no issues....at least for me

now as for text messages you have saved on your SIM card....im not sure how to get those back into the phone. Contacts are easy to import from the SIM card though....just do it through Setting-->Mail, Contacts and Calendars. there is an option to "Import From Sim"

Hope this helps
    2009-07-28 03:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD