I tried the first script to backup language files in winscp's terminal program and got:
    use undertows code:

find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -not -iname "ja*.lproj" -exec rm -rf {} ;

see if that works

Please back up first!!!

find / -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec tar rvf /private/var/stash/langBackup/lproj-backup.tar {} ;
    2009-10-01 06:17 PM
    use undertows code:

find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -not -iname "ja*.lproj" -exec rm -rf {} ;

see if that works

Please back up first!!!

find / -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec tar rvf /private/var/stash/langBackup/lproj-backup.tar {} ;
    every time i try the script in terminal it tells me " find: missing argument to `-exec' "
    Any idea why?
    And I don't know how to run the command in Cyber Duck so I'm stuck. I'd like to avoid deleting them manually if possible.
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me
    2009-10-02 10:56 PM
    every time i try the script in terminal it tells me " find: missing argument to `-exec' "
    Any idea why?
    And I don't know how to run the command in Cyber Duck so I'm stuck. I'd like to avoid deleting them manually if possible.
    You probably need to escape the ;

At the end of the code do a \; instead of just ;

Hope this helps.

~Sun
    Last edited by Sun357; 2009-10-04 at 05:06 AM.
    2009-10-04 05:01 AM
    You probably need to escape the ;

At the end of the code do a ; instead of just ;

Hope this helps.

~Sun
    Thanks. I ran it that way and i didn't get an error. It ran in termnal for a while and I wasn't sure if it was working but I checked SBsettings and it was gaining mb's as I waited. I'm gonna reboot and see. thanks again.
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me
    2009-10-04 09:10 AM
    Glad to be of help!

Thanks to undert0w and others for everything else.

~Sun
    2009-10-04 03:29 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm new and I'm trying to make my iphone run a bit faster, can you summarize what I need to do. I have a 3g on firmware 3.0. Please can you keep it simple LOL.
    2009-10-07 07:55 AM
    Run the script...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-10-07 07:56 AM
    how do i run the script in winSCP?

no signature links or spam.... only warning
    2009-10-07 08:19 AM
    this works for me
    my phone gets faster alot
    thanks you very much....
    2009-10-07 04:44 PM
    I am getting a timeout error running in winscp terminal.
    I've tried these two scripts. Can someone correct me please?

Backup
    for file in `find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -not -iname "ja*.lproj" -exec echo {} \; | sed -e 's/\.\///'`; do tar -rf /private/var/stash/langBackup/langBackup.tar ./$file ; done

for file in `find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -not -iname "ja*.lproj" -exec echo {} ; | sed -e 's/.///'`; do tar -rf /private/var/stash/langBackup/langBackup.tar ./ \; done
    2009-10-08 04:48 PM
    find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -not -iname "ja*.lproj" -exec rm -rf {} \;

Worked perfect.
    i5-

Long time reader. I don't care if you have 1 million post.
    2009-10-29 08:09 PM
    how do i run the script in winSCP?
    ??

no signature links or spam.... only warning
    2009-10-30 02:21 AM
    When winscp is open look to the top and find a small black icon ( Hover and it will say "Open Terminal" Click on this.....
    Accept to start the app. and then paste the code into the bar at the top then click Exicute. Wait a few seconds... the code will run and either backup your files or delete them. Good luck

Just did mine and all went well.
    2009-11-10 04:09 AM

Worked perfect.
    great! i was getting an error on the original posted script..so I copied that and removed the "ja* since I don't know japanese :-/

So i used
    find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec rm -rf {} \;

and all seems well

Thanks for all the tips here!!
    2009-11-12 06:10 PM
    For some reason when using cyberduck and terminal on an iphone 3gs with openssh installed over adhoc, the command doesn't execute. It simply flashes and doesn't work ;/ help?
    2009-11-14 11:32 PM
    For some reason when using cyberduck and terminal on an iphone 3gs with openssh installed over adhoc, the command doesn't execute. It simply flashes and doesn't work ;/ help?
    Just ssh using terminal and execute the commands. You can cd to the proper directories and run the script.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-11-15 02:20 AM
    i ran this code: find / -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec rm -rf {} \; and when i rebooted my phone I saw NO INCREASE in RAM and I also did the startup daemons with no increase in ram. When i rand the language code i got missing file/dir. error for every file...and now when i run cydia it seems i have less ram than before...i now only have 15mb avail with cydia running and 32 mb when i first turn on my phone....doesnt seem like an increase at all to me almost a decrease. Did I do something wrong?
    2009-11-22 11:14 PM
    I tried the "find" oneliner but it still hosed all my english directories. I don't know why because it looks like it should work, and I'm not as familiar with the find command as I should be, so I just did it another way:

I ran this as root to get a list of every language pack except the english packs (en.lproj and English.lproj):
    Code:
    updatedb; locate lproj | grep -E proj$ | grep -E -v -i '(en.l|English)' > langpacks.txt
    (updatedb updates the 'locate' database)

I looked over langpacks.txt to make sure everything was safe to delete. Then I ran this command:

while read file; do rm -rf "$file"; done < langpacks.txt (I tried to put this in code tags but the board changed "$file" to "" -grr)

Now my phone is 3000 directories lighter.
    2009-11-23 05:12 AM
    Please someone HELP me out here (...)

Edit:
    I managed to extract the folders from a pwned .ipsw and my iPhone's back in business.
    Last edited by Enkidu; 2009-11-23 at 12:15 PM.
    2009-11-23 10:38 AM
    hi, and how to install language pack back, I need Japanese back (for emoji), thank you in advance.
    2009-11-23 05:37 PM
384 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD