User Tag List

So, my phone fell into a cup of water(long story, don't ask), and I took it out and everything seems to be working a-ok except the top speaker is extremely quiet.

Now, I shined a flashlight down through the headphone jack and it appears the water checking strip is still completely white, no shade of pink at all. There is a little bit of an orange colored thing down there too, but I assume that's nothing to do with the water damage strip.

Is there any other way for them to tell the phone got wet? Or do you think I'll be able to get a replacement phone. D:
    2009-07-29 04:38 PM
    Go to the apple store and ask - just say "My top speaker doesn't seem to be working'. It's up to them whether they will take the phone and replace it or not, no one on the forums will be able to give you a 100% answer. Whatever you do don't tell them about the water!
    2009-07-29 04:54 PM
    I did not even know there was a water checking strip in the audio jack. Well I have a friend that has taken his phone in two times when it gets really scratched up. He keeps flipping the vibrate lever on the side till it breaks and will be left in silent and then they just give him a new one. I would just break that then take it to them and hope they do not find out that it was wet.
    2009-07-29 04:54 PM
    Give it a few days to make sure there is no water left inside it last thing you want is for a few drops to fall out while talking to them. BTW by cup do you mean toilet that is what happened to my sisters iPhone about a week ago. I couldn't help but laugh at her. To bad her strip is pink.
    2009-07-29 05:00 PM
    Nah, I had a cup of water on the floor next to my bed, and I was laying in bed surfing the internets because I've been sick the last few days and don't feel like getting on from my laptop. I was using the iReddit app and I was shaking it to get a new page, and it slipped out of my hand and managed to land directly in the cup.

Pro, I know.
    2009-07-29 05:37 PM
    ^LOL. You shouldn't have checked it.
    If something gets wet you turn it off right away and keep it off AT LEAST for a few days.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-07-29 06:19 PM
    if the water damage indicator didn't change in the headphone jack, i'm assuming that you dropped the phone straight in in the up right position? that would then make the water damage indicator inside the pin port (charge port, whatever the correct name is for it) at the bottom of the phone would have turned color.
    2009-07-29 07:03 PM
    I didn't know there was two I thought there was just the one in head phone jack.
    2009-07-29 11:46 PM
    Both of mine are red
    2009-07-29 11:57 PM
    Both of mine are red
    that sucks
    2009-07-30 01:03 AM
    On the 2G there is only one, in the headphone jack.
    On the 3G (and 3GS I'm guessing) there's two, one in the headphone jack and one in the dock connector.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-07-30 01:15 AM
    Both of mine are red
    I had a friend of mine that had his get wet and the phone jack identifier was red/pinkish. He took match (fire) and stuck the end of it in white correction ink and dabbed it down there and basically painted it white again. He took the phone to the apple store and they exchanged his phone no questions asked. He told me that they did peer down into it and blew compressed air into it before finally giving him another one.

So for all you guys/gals with red dots...the solution is probably right in your desk drawer.

Chris
    Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus: The best of both worlds!
    2009-07-30 02:46 AM
    ^ that is awesome
    2009-07-30 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD