Anyone have any experience dealing with this website?
    They have great deals on iPhones. I want to do my research before I buy anything.

It's like the old saying: If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I was emailing one of their reps back and forth and they were really pushy to get my name and shipping information right away without even knowing which model I was interested in.

mobilephonedealer Home Page

I so badly want to buy this 32GB 3G S ...! Only $350!

Apple iPhone 3G S 32GB Unlocked
    Last edited by kchociej; 2009-07-30 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-30 03:38 AM
    Its crap.
    2009-07-30 03:40 AM
    Its crap.
    Site looks legit...and they have a brick store front. Anyone near Greely, CO? It does seem to good to be true, but their site is pretty convincing, as well as freely giving all information for support, via phone, email or even store front. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone on here will see this that lives near there, and can verify it. I'd be in for one lol...

Kind of like that screw up last week where some of the new Pre's were being sold for $99 because of a mistake on the site. You know some people made out on that one heh...
    2009-07-30 08:34 AM
    Sorry, site doesn't look legit.
    Buy smart, don't get scammed.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-07-30 09:21 AM
    ^ +1

angiepangie FTW
    2009-07-30 09:23 AM
    ^ +1

angiepangie FTW
    Yay! I win!
    What are you following me around?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-07-30 09:26 AM
    I get text updates when you make a new post
    2009-07-30 09:28 AM
    When I make a new post?
    Stalkerish, much?
    2009-07-30 09:29 AM
    ^ Just keeping in touch with the MMi poster of the month
    2009-07-30 09:31 AM
    Sweet. Do I get a medal with that?
    2009-07-30 09:36 AM
    ^ No. You mostly get ridiculed and made fun of. Enjoy!
    2009-07-30 09:43 AM
    Sorry, site doesn't look legit.
    Buy smart, don't get scammed.
    Why doesn't the site look legit? Also, for the buying smart, that's why I asked if anyone lived near there B&M store to verify first lol
    2009-07-30 09:48 AM
    ^ No. You mostly get ridiculed and made fun of. Enjoy!
    Exciting!

Why doesn't the site look legit? Also, for the buying smart, that's why I asked if anyone lived near there B&M store to verify first lol
    Well first off the site layout is HORRIBLE. I'm 14, never took a class in website coding, tutorials are unknown to me, and I could do better than that.
    The first thing they mention is "ohhh we're a real store" by pushing all their "warranty" and "addresses" out.. normal stores don't do it that much.

And of course, look at the prices! They would be making -400 for each phone sold!
    I wouldn't buy from that site for the same reason I won't buy from Jody Sanders or refer anyone to him, it's complete BS
    Last edited by angiepangie; 2009-07-30 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-30 09:53 AM
    Actually now that I look at it more you are right. The front page has a USA store and a UK Store, but when you go to the contact us page, it lists the location in CO. The US store on the first page is supposedly in Austin, and I'm going there tomorrow, I will stop and see if it exists for fun lol...
    2009-07-30 10:06 AM
    Alright, make sure to report back
    2009-07-30 10:07 AM
    First rule of purchasing - if it looks to good to be true, it is.

A simple check at companies house reveals that the company has never traded and there is a proposal to strike it off. Anyone can set up a limited company and looking on Google maps shows the address given is in a residential area which wasn't deemed worthy of the camera going down that part of the road for streetview. Either side of that part of the road has been filmed.

I would guess that if you go to the US address you won't find a shop, maybe an office where they probably won't have even heard of this company.

I could be wrong.

But I certainly wouldn't buy anything from this site!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-07-30 10:28 AM
    ^+1
    you always said things better than I did
    2009-07-30 10:31 AM
    Now that's just not true. Apart from the fact I can spell colour I wouldn't say there is anything I can do better than you.
    (apart from maybe play pooh sticks)
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-07-30 10:35 AM
    Now that's just not true. Apart from the fact I can spell colour I wouldn't say there is anything I can do better than you.
    (apart from maybe play pooh sticks)
    Go blame Webster
    2009-07-30 10:39 AM
    Can't Webster play Pooh sticks?
    2009-07-30 10:45 AM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD