haha who knows. i'd think either the owner would have called by now or a friend of the owner and lazyazn can easily return the phone by answering one of the phone calls

he's already stated that he doesn't want to go through the trouble of dealing with ATT so doubt he'll go that route
    2009-07-30 09:48 PM
    well it sounds like he just want to keep the phone and call it good
    2009-07-30 09:50 PM
    ditto, I'd rather lose my purse than my iPhone.
    I'd rather you lose your purse than me lose my iPhone too. :-)
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 2009-07-30 at 10:02 PM.
    2009-07-30 10:00 PM
    I'd rather you lose your purse than me lose my iPhone too. :-)
    I'd rather you lose your iPhone than me lose my iPhone any day
    It's a good thing Karma doesn't like bothering me much.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-07-30 10:15 PM
    Ditto. I swore that even with a passcode protected phone, if you sync up it would read out the number.
    that's a nice idea. that might work.

^^But with the phone number AT&T can get into the account info and find out whose phone it is.
    I doubt they will give you the account info if you just tell the customer service rep the phone number. If it is that easy, i dont think i feel safe about my info with att.

haha who knows. i'd think either the owner would have called by now or a friend of the owner and lazyazn can easily return the phone by answering one of the phone calls.
    The phone is dead when i got. I haven't got a call since it was charged. and now it no longer has service.

i guess i question the OP's true intentions
    wow, what a great question. you got me. My true intention is post this story to get people interested and make them think i am a good person, since reps in cyber space is so important. Then, i will just pretend that i am doing something, but in fact i am just keeping the phone to myself. You saw right through that. awesome.
    Last edited by lazyazn; 2009-07-30 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-30 10:36 PM
    I would rather lose my kid than my iPhone. At least my kid can try and find his way home.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-07-30 10:37 PM
    I would rather lose my kid than my iPhone. At least my kid can try and find his way home.
    I'm glad I wasn't your kid

I doubt they will give you the account info if you just tell the customer service rep the phone number. If it is that easy, i dont think i feel safe about my info with att.
    Then getting the phone number from the phone would be pointless anyways. I don't think they would give it to you, but they could call the original owner and let them know their phone's been found.
    Last edited by angiepangie; 2009-07-30 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-07-30 10:40 PM
    Then getting the phone number from the phone would be pointless anyways. I don't think they would give it to you, but they could call the original owner and let them know their phone's been found.
    I was trying to find numbers in favorites or for home the whole time. That's why i was asking if there is a way to bypass the lock screen. Somehow the conversation deviated to getting the original number.

If nothing works, i guess i will just call ATT over the weekend.
    2009-07-30 10:46 PM
    I was trying to find numbers in favorites or for home the whole time. That's why i was asking if there is a way to bypass the lock screen. Somehow the conversation deviated to getting the original number.

If nothing works, i guess i will just call ATT over the weekend.
    if its locked youre not gonna get into it. about the only option you got it to call [email protected] and let them know, i'm sure they'll have a way to get ahold of the owner whether they find another number on the account or send an email to the account holder (they do keep that on file).
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!
    2009-07-31 07:28 PM
    If there is an ATT store near you it would be far easier than calling customer service. Also the ATT store would probably even call the customer right then to notify them it has been found.
    2009-08-01 12:36 AM
    dude... sketchy wording... but, who gives a crap right, you found it, you didnt steal it... if you want to return it, then charge it, and leave it on till it rings. hell- see if you can make a call- even on the emergency screen you get a dial pad, dial your own phone number, it works- dont let the scary emergency call button scare you- if you can make a call, that means it still has service- if you cant, then service has been cut off- also, the number should pop up on the caller ID you call- then just do a reverse phone lookup-

calling att is pointless- they cant give you any info- then can sign you up for service.... tell them you found it on the street, they dont care one bit... the original owner is just gonna buy another one, cause thats how addictive these damn things are [trust me, mine was stolen from my very hands, i had a new one in a week- couldnt stay away] --- Apple or Att could likely return it for you tho, if you gave it to them and they confirmed it belonged to a customer.

also, getting the original owners info from a company like apple or att isnt necessarily reliable... what if the phone had been sold by the original purchaser, and the second owner didnt register it with either?

lastly, i'm sorry for making you seem dumb with how simple of a solution I provided. doing the right thing really is easy, i just dont think you really want to . . . and i dont blame you, cause I would probably go searching for whatever affirmation i could find that keeping it is okay... i mean hell, its an iphone-
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~
    2009-08-01 11:12 AM
    lastly, i'm sorry for making you seem dumb
    ooh... why are you talking to yourself?
    2009-08-01 05:53 PM
    ^ lol
    2009-08-01 06:12 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD