If this looks too long, skip down to the last line.

I have an iPod Touch 2G with OS 3.0 installed, jailbroken with redsn0w. After seeing how messy my girlfriend's springboard is, I decided to install Categories to clean mine up. Apparently, Categories doesn't play nice with the iPod Touch, as it only allows you to add "MobileMusicPlayer" or something to that effect, causing both Music and Videos to vanish but only allowing you access to Music. When I found iTransform to iPod I got excited, as it seemed to do what I wanted it to by de-cluttering my springboard. Adding it to Categories still gave me a bogus icon, but I could deal with it.

I've realized, however, that it's kind of silly to have Winterboard enabled what with the slowdown people talk about for a single hack.

Now to my question. Is there a way to switch my Music and Videos to an iPod app without Winterboard? Even better, is there a way to add Music and Videos to Categories and still have access to both of them, either through two separate icons or through a hack that gives me access to the iPod app? Thanks.
    2009-07-30 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD