User Tag List

In the last couple weeks I will randomly lose my EDGE connection. I live in an area where there is no 3G and I had a 3G iPhone for a year here with no problems. What will happen is suddenly EDGE will just disappear. I will have to hold down the home and power buttons to reboot each time and wait a few minutes afterwards for EDGE to reappear. Also, while EDGE is out I can't make calls. I will just get a message that says Thank you for calling MobilePCS your call cannot be delivered at this time. Anyone else have an idea? I called AT&T and they had no idea. I know of 3 others in town with iPhones; 2 with 3G S and 1 with just a 3G and they all do this. If you want to see where this town is it is Wilburton, OK.
    2009-08-04 05:50 PM
    um anyone?
    2009-08-06 10:19 PM
    Go to the AT&T site and check the coverage map?
    2009-08-06 10:24 PM
    Have you recently updated or made any changes to your phone at all or is it in the same state as when you didn't have the problem?
    Is it jailbroken? What method?
    smaller sig.png
    2009-08-06 10:28 PM
    Isn't going in and out of edge/3g to edge causing calls to be dropped etc a very well known and documented problem?
    2009-08-06 11:18 PM
    I think the problem here may be misunderstood. Coverage has nothing to do with the issue. I had an iphone 3G from September '08 until June '09 and never had any problem. We are in a moderate area coverage and there is no 3G anywhere near. It has always been just EDGE. The problem is I will completely lose the data connection. My upper left will show 5 bars AT&T but no E. When this happens I try to call and get a message that says, "Thank you for calling MobilePCS, your call cannot be completed". Several other AT&T customers live here. Only iPhones running 3.0 are having problems. The phone is not jailbroke. I did a full restore and set it up as a new phone and it still messed up. AT&T is not reporting any outages or problems with the towers in our area.
    2009-08-07 04:29 AM
    Are you still covered by warranty? if there is a hardware problem with your phone the Genius bar will replace it
    2009-08-07 05:09 AM
    It may be a problem with the other person you are callings phone. My friend had a cell phone with an out of state number and when I called him it would give me some bs messege like that. I could only get through maybe one in ten tries. Or are you having this problem with many different numbers including landlines?
    2009-08-07 07:22 PM
    im running 3.0 2g on tmobile hiptop.t-mobile.com apn and nothing loads except the internet radio.

but it was working fine yesterday and i havent made any changes to the phone at all

edge is on crack. any help?
    2009-08-08 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD