I searched, but I guess my key words aren't right.

I've got two 3g iPhones, and a 3GS. I want to transfer all of the music from one of the 3G's, to the 3GS. The music originally on the 3G, came from another iPhone, not purchased, so I cant transfer through iTunes.

Is there a program? I remember a while ago, there was the ephpod for the iPod..is there a similar program for the iPhone?

Thanks guys.
    2009-08-07 05:39 AM
    Sorry man, nothing allowed on these forums that has to do with pirated anything.
    2009-08-07 05:41 AM
    Sorry, let me rephrase.

It was transferred off of my first iPhone, my 2G, here it was purchased. However, it was not moved over via iTunes.. I had a friend move everything over from one phone to the other, with a cd.

So in iTunes eyes, I didn't purchase it.

When I actually did.

Sorry for the confusion.
    2009-08-07 05:45 AM
    If you purchased it, it would be tied to your account and you would be able to download again as long as you're signed into the right account.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-07 05:55 AM
    What about the songs that I put onto the phone, from CD's I had in my collection? I've got quite a few jazz albums on my iPhone, that were on disc.

I've moved since then, and cannot locate the discs.
    2009-08-07 05:57 AM
    If the two computers are hooked onto the same wifi network you can sync the iTunes together
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-07 06:01 AM
    Hm?

By my collection, I meant hard-disc, in case, purchased in walmart/music store.

They weren't backed up on any computers, just my iPhone.
    2009-08-07 06:04 AM
    How did you get them to your iPhone without going through iTunes?
    2009-08-07 06:05 AM
    A friend did it, somehow with a cd. He took the music off of my old phone on his computer, put it onto a CD, then gave me the CD to put onto my computer, and then onto my iphone. That was months ago, I have no idea where the CD is.

I really appreciate all the help thus far.

I think I may have gotten it figured out...

If I backup my 3G, then just restore my 3GS with the back up of my 3G...will that work?
    Last edited by sam.c; 2009-08-07 at 06:23 AM.
    2009-08-07 06:10 AM
    back ups don't bring back music, just settings, call logs, SMS history, etc.
    2009-08-07 06:12 AM
    Why must things be so difficult with this contraption.

I got the backup/restore idea from here.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...e-another.html
    2009-08-07 06:15 AM
    I called Apple and was told that I could back up my movies from itunes onto an iphone or ipod and there is a tutorial on apple.com. Now, The unlocked/jailbroken iphone problem I had was that if your on a different firmware than the current then you will not be able to transfer your purchases into itunes library more less it will tell you to update your current firmware losing everything. At one point my iphone was no longer recognized on my entire laptop until i put in DFU mode to restore to current unlock fw. I assume if i was an att customer this would never be an issue.
    Last edited by mikerlx; 2009-08-07 at 09:12 PM.
    2009-08-07 09:05 PM
    Yup, because 8.2+ can only support 3.0+
    2009-08-08 01:09 AM
    Try this program, worth every penny!! Works with 3G and 3GS iphones, not just ipods.

Transfer iPod music to PC copy songs from iPod to computer,iPod to iTunes
    2009-08-08 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD