Ok, so I was just browsing around the internet and i heard about a way to trick AT&T into thinking you have an Iphone Data plan... Is that possible?

The posts I read are about people who have the 15$ plans but use somethingAPN (I forgot what it is called)that makes the iPhone tell AT&T that it is running with an iphone plan.

Could I do this without having any Data plan at all?

*Edit* It is called FakeAPN
    2009-08-07 05:56 AM
    That's what we're here for

And I don't think it's possible to "trick" AT&T into thinking you have an iPhone data plan.
    The APN settings are just so that they can use their data plans to access the internet with.
    If you don't have a data plan, don't worry about APN settings. Just use your SIM, AT&T can't do anything about it, especially if you're on a contract.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-07 06:00 AM
    But isnt that the exact opposite of what everyone else is saying? Everyone is saying they will find out and charge me.

Happens to be I spoke to a AT&T gyu today who said that if I put my sim into a phone I bought on eBay I should be good because they only add the charge if you are using the sim that you activated the phone with (or something like that)
    2009-08-07 06:02 AM
    They can find out you have an iPhone but they can't change your plan without you knowing. They will of course, try to convince you to switch plans.

As long as you don't use the data without a data plan, they won't charge you extra
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-07 06:04 AM
    Lol, is the convince a "Hey why dont you buy a plan!" or a Mafioso's bodyguard's type of "Convince"
    2009-08-07 06:06 AM
    Haha. Somewhere in between both If you ever try calling customer service.. prepare to get hounded.
    2009-08-07 06:08 AM
    Lol, thanks so much for your help but it seems too good to be true! everyone else is saying the opposite but I like what you are saying more =)
    2009-08-07 06:11 AM
    Haha. Well call customer service just in case or ask someone that has an iPhone running on a non-iPhone plan.
    I'm a T-mobile user so I don't want to be steering you in the wrong direction.
    2009-08-07 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD