So I got a new computer and I want to use my old iTunes library that was on my old computer.

I copied the library folder from the old computer to the new, and it loaded into iTunes fine, but it has the "Cant locate song" error on every song. How can I fix this?

I dont really want to create an entirely new library with the same songs, because I went through each song once and named it the way I wanted to, and categorized each the way I wanted, and I really dont want to do that again.

Thanks
    2009-08-07 03:54 PM
    It sounds like it didnt actually move the song to your new computer. The best way I have found to transfer itunes libraries are through firewire and target disk mode
    2009-08-07 08:00 PM
    I agree, it sounds like you don't didn't copy the music across. You can have the music files in a different location on your computer, you just have to point iTunes to the location.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-08-07 10:15 PM
    Ya I just went into My Documents -> Music and took the iTunes folder out and put it on my new computer. I have all the songs on the new computer too, and I can go through each one and map it to the location, but that would suck big time.

I tried having the folder structure the same way as on my old computer and it didnt seem to work
    2009-08-07 10:19 PM
    Ok. Does iTunes point to the My Documents / Music in preferences?
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-08-07 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD