so last night i started looking at the apps on cydia and went to the mms app. i downloaded one and it said to reboot the system. i did that but now its stuck on the start up apple.
    please help!
    2009-08-07 04:40 PM
    Sounds like you will have to do a dfu restore and rejailbreak
    2009-08-07 07:37 PM
    Hold down home+power until it reboots itself, if it's still stuck there then hold home+power until it shuts down then go into DFU mode and do a restore.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-07 08:00 PM
    i've held down the power and home button and it doesnt work.
    how do i do a dfu?
    2009-08-08 06:12 AM
    While the phone is off, hold down both home & power for 10 seconds or until the apple logo comes back up. Then let go of power and continue holding home until you hear the connect sound or you get a message in iTunes. Then restore in iTunes.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-08 06:18 AM
    ^ that should work for DFU mode. If not try these methods.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    2009-08-08 06:41 AM
    thank you so much! it worked!
    2009-08-08 06:49 AM
    Awesome - glad it worked out
    2009-08-08 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD