I have a iPod touch 2G and I noticed after the 3.0 update that WiFi no longer works properly. I get poor signal, reduced range, extremely slow speeds and dropped signals all of the time. At first I did not know what was going on but after testing I realized it was the 3.0 update. A fresh install of 3.0 resulted in even slower speeds than a jailbreak for some reason. Then I downgraded to 2.2.1 and what do you know my speed is normal again.

On 3.0 Jailbroken

On 2.2.1 Not Jailbroken

Does anyone know a fix for this? I have searched and looked everyone without any results. I have reset my settings far to many times already.
    2009-08-09 08:26 AM
    I hadn't really noticed that much, but now that u mention it, i ahve been having a lot of dropped signals after I updated
    2009-08-09 08:47 AM
    I noticed it when Pandora no longer worked or it was a hit or miss. YouTube is completely unusable. Mail is a hit or miss when downloading the email and I lost about half my distance I can be from the router.

This is very annoying and I am tired of WiFi being useless.

I called Apple and after several minutes of telling the guy that restore between 2.2.1 and 3.0 is not a jailbreak I finally got though to him. I am currently on 3.0 and after being on hold for about 10 minutes he comes back and tells me to downgrade back to 2.2.1 and wait for the 3.0.2 update to come out which should resolve this issue.

First he says downgrading is jailbreaking then he condones it in the end. WTF.

He did say they have been getting calls about it. He also kept calling my iPod touch a phone.
    Last edited by sekazi; 2009-08-09 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-09 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD