User Tag List

Hi all,

I've got a 3G 16gb iPhone running the latest firmware 3.0.1 which is fully unlocked/jailbroken with redsn0w.

I've got quite a few apps installed (but not tons), some cydia apps/plugins such as yourtube/voipover3g etc. I am also running winterboard with a few themes enabled.

The problem ive found is that my iPhone has been running so slow as of late - opening/closing an app takes a while and the keyboard can be laggy when typing.

I have seen lots of posts of people complaining about the speed in the 3.0 firmware. Is this just down to the firmware itself?

Or the amount of stuff I have installed on my phone?

Cheers!

Alex
    2009-08-10 03:53 PM
    I also see this on the new firmware, but just live with it for now. I know there is a thread that talks about deleting some language files that you do not use.
    Here is a link I have done this but I have since restored so I will need to do it again.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...rformance.html
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.
    2009-08-10 04:32 PM
    Thanks - ill check out the link you posted now.

Also I have just spotted something called 'Winterboard Settings' on cydia which moves winterboard settings into the system settings app.

I have done this and enabled theming of the dock/wallpaper only and its much quicker now!
    2009-08-10 04:36 PM
    Thanks - ill check out the link you posted now.

Also I have just spotted something called 'Winterboard Settings' on cydia which moves winterboard settings into the system settings app.

I have done this and enabled theming of the dock/wallpaper only and its much quicker now!

Ok first of all get rid of winterboard. ITS HORRIBLE!!!! It drains batter while the phone is just sitting there lock for one. And it makes the entire OS run like crap! You have to get that off your phone. Second, deleting the language packs wont make the phone run any faster at all, it will just make apps open faster.
    2009-08-10 11:33 PM
    Well you have told us what not to do I do not think that helps anyone. Why dont you try to help by suggesting something that would work. If deleting the language packs would help the apps open faster. So when alex350r said
    ///////
    The problem ive found is that my iPhone has been running so slow as of late - opening/closing an app takes a while and the keyboard can be laggy when typing.
    ///////

Then deleting the language packs would help right... As for the keyboard what would you suggest would help? Thanks for the help
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.
    2009-08-11 01:00 AM
    I would suggest reading my last post.
    2009-08-11 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD