User Tag List

Okay im faced with a common enough prob but i seem to be getting nowhere with this, i have a 2g 8gb Iphone (Windows) when connected to the computer it shows the apple boot logo then immediately shows the recovery logo (itunes logo and cable) but my desktop, laptop, my neighbors computer none of these are able to detect the iphone to bring it up in itunes, sometimes it comes up as an unknown device, and the one time it came up to allow me to restore for some reason or the othe phone restarted itself and im back at square one, and i also cant seem to get this phone to go into dfu mode, so any help would be greatly appreciated
    www.ccbahamas.co.nr
    2009-08-17 03:32 AM
    And you had to post a new thread because...?

Anyways, what are the steps you are taking to try to get into DFU mode?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-17 03:45 AM
    ^+1

There are plenty of threads on this. Not to be rude, but sometimes your problem is only a Google search away! (Yeah, I know. We're here to help. Blah blah blah.)
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2009-08-17 04:52 AM
    I believe also that you need to get the phone in DFU mode.
    Try this.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    smaller sig.png
    2009-08-17 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD