So its rather frustrating to have random SB crashes into safe mode.

Ive disabled many of the programs through SBSettings and still will get the problem. It doesnt happen every time, and it seemed to get a little better when I restored and rejailbroke with redsno0w (originally JB with purplera1n).

Is there a specific program that is known to cause this? (Rock Apps, mQuickDo, SBSettings, etc?)

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot or fix this?
    2009-08-17 07:01 PM
    does this just happen while the phone is in standby, while you do something, when you boot ... ?

and: what iphone do you have and which firmware are you running?
    2009-08-17 07:26 PM
    sorry, hit submit and forgot the important stuff

iphone 3gs, 3.0.1 jb with redsn0w

i use mquickdo which puts five icons on my lock screen allowing me to bypass the unlock and open ipod, mail, phone, skype, and calendar. this seems to be the culprit 90% of the time (i.e. ill get a skype call, press home, touch the skype icon and will crash into safe mode), but admittedly it probably only happens 5-10% of the time.

i uninstalled mQuickDo thinking that was the problem, but I would still have random safe mode crashes when starting ipod or something else.

i do have elert from Rock Your Iphone installed but this doesnt seem to cause any problems, however I know that the Intellishared components are notorious for causing problems.

I use winterboard and a non-stock theme, Ive heard that this problem can be caused by the SpringBoard "not being ready" or something, so I try and wait a second before I touch the home screen icons (i.e. wait until the 'slide to unlock' text gets highlighted) so as not to overload the system
    2009-08-17 07:41 PM
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure your problem is still caused by mquickdo.
    I had intelliscreen installed once and had the same problem, random crashes all the time. and even after I uninstalled it the problem persisted.

If you can do it without much trouble, I would simply restore, rejailbreak and - if possible - not restore from backup in itunes (you will loose contacts, text messages, notes and calendar entries if you do that, so only do it if it doesn't hurt you!).
    that should help.
    2009-08-17 08:09 PM
    Any RockApp or Intelliborn product that has a daemon running in the background is usually the cause.
    2009-08-17 08:21 PM
    well that sucks
    2009-08-17 08:23 PM
    its not true that you will loose contacts and stuff,set it up as new phone, and synch and all those are back if you choose them to
    2009-08-17 08:24 PM
    yeah but if it means i cant use the two programs that i use the most (mQuickDo and elert) then Ill probably just have to suck it up.
    2009-08-17 08:26 PM
    its not true that you will loose contacts and stuff,set it up as new phone, and synch and all those are back if you choose them to
    I thought that was obvious ;-)
    2009-08-17 08:57 PM
    Does the app Universal Search have a daemon or whatever it's called. I started using it last night and it's been going into safe mode some ever since. Only goes into safe mode right after a respring though. Or sometimes when I plug in a power/sync cable. Anybody else experience this with Universal Search?
    2009-08-18 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD