i sync photo's with iTunes, which is good and all... BUT i don;t like that it makes a photo library, is there a way to prevent that and if not can i hide it some way ?

tks..
    2009-08-20 04:41 AM
    I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do, sorry. could you explain a little further? if you sync photos you are obviously getting a photo library, because that's where the photos from your pc are going into
    2009-08-20 11:27 AM
    :}

well.. if i go into photos i see "Camera Roll", "Photo Library" and then several folders i created that i sync, now i know the pictures are not on the device twice, but all pics from the various folders are also listed in the "Photo Library" -which i do NOT like, say for what ever reason i protect one of my folders, those pics will still be seen (regular size or thumbnail i am not sure) in the "Photo Library"..

hope this makes sense :}
    2009-08-20 02:38 PM
    Yea I know what you mean I've had a similar experience. To add a bit more detail. The iPhone by default has a folder called "Camera Roll". So I go on my windows desktop and create a folder called "Pictures". I load a whole bunch of pictures in this folder that I want on my iPhone. I sync the "Pictures" folder to my iPhone. I would expect now to see two folders on my iPhone, "Camera Roll" and "Pictures".

Unfortunately a third folder is created called "Photo Library" which has all the same pictures in it as my "Pictures" folder.

Now if I create another folder on my desktop called "Random" and sync both "Pictures" and "Random" I still wind up with a "Photo Library" folder on my iPhone. The "Photo Library" has the pictures from both the "Pictures" and "Random" folders in it.

The best part is you can't remove "Photo Library". I've read that resyncing removes the "Photo Library" and I have seen it go away, but I'll sync again when I have some new pictures and the "Photo Library" pops up again. Rather annoying.
    2009-08-21 10:01 PM
    never seen it go away.... still there and still annoying :]
    2009-08-21 10:11 PM
    well, the photo library simply contains ALL photos you synced with your iphone and besides them you have the folders you have on your pc. it's just so you have a single place to go to for all your synced photos.

I don't think you can make it go away ;-)
    2009-08-22 12:41 AM
    When you import photos into iPhoto, it will make a copy of the original and put the copy into your iPhoto Library, inside your iPhoto library you have an originals and modified folder.
    Once you have imported photos into iPhoto you can delete the original photo which exists outside of the library
    You cannot remove your iphoto library and expect your photos to remain in iPhoto, iPhoto can only reference an iPhoto library and not just any folder that contains photos.
    Make sure you have a backup before you trash your photos
    2009-08-22 01:05 AM
    i don't have iPhoto (unless you call the app on the iPhone iPhoto).. regardless i find it useless to have that folder with all your pics, might as well dump them all in a folder.
    2009-08-22 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD