How come there are so many people from the UK in these forums?
    probably because you get prepaid iPhones in the UK
    2009-08-24 10:30 PM
    probably because you get prepaid iPhones in the UK
    true....but still expensive.......

btw.....still no luck and still getting stuck at waiting to reboot......despite manually rebooting redsn0w does nothing......
    2009-08-26 01:30 AM

btw.....still no luck and still getting stuck at waiting to reboot......despite manually rebooting redsn0w does nothing......
    really not getting what the f*** is going wrong.
    maybe you want to try purplerain (doesn't work on 3.0.1, only on 3.0). I never used it though so I can't give you instructions, but I think iClarified has tutorials on those as well.

oh, if you have access to a mac you can try pwnageTool as well, that should work for sure!

oh and as for UK iphones ... it's 440GBP, here in germany you pay around 100GBP for the phone plus a 2-year-contract that's just the worst phone contract I have ever seen, seriously. I can buy 3 iphones in the UK and have a phone contract that gives me unlimited data and it is still cheaper than buying one in germany.
    2009-08-26 02:06 AM

Sorry to sound repetitive, but are you unplugging/replugging the cord from the computer or the phone? You need to unplug from the computer.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-26 03:17 AM
    SUCCESS!!!!!

WoW thought I'll let you guys know, finally managed to jailbreak the phone... gave it to friend of mine who has a MacBook. He used pwnage tool apparently and it is now jailbroken with Cydia. Finally.

Thanks BlackWolf and Angiepangie for all the help.
    2009-08-26 01:13 PM
    SUCCESS!!!!!

WoW thought I'll let you guys know, finally managed to jailbreak the phone... gave it to friend of mine who has a MacBook. He used pwnage tool apparently and it is now jailbroken with Cydia. Finally.

Thanks BlackWolf and Angiepangie for all the help.
    great to hear. still wondering why it wouldn't work with redsn0w ... hope you have better luck when 3.1 comes out

enjoy your phone ... oh, and btw, maybe you wanna try SbSettings instead of bossprefs. it's better anyway
    2009-08-26 01:20 PM
    Glad it worked out for you one way or another
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-26 03:54 PM
    great to hear. still wondering why it wouldn't work with redsn0w ... hope you have better luck when 3.1 comes out

enjoy your phone ... oh, and btw, maybe you wanna try SbSettings instead of bossprefs. it's better anyway
    lol...3.1 .....will see...gonna use it and enjoy it b4 upgrading....

Loaded SBSettings already and it is cool....like it....

Going to try out a few apps and looking forward to it....always had nokia N-series so this is my first iphone....lets see which I prefer.

Thanks to both you you for all the feedback.
    2009-08-26 04:39 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD