I recently had a virus on my computer so I had to clean up everything and put my computer back to factory settings. Before I did that I saved my big folder of music I had on my computer that I used on my Itunes. So I still have my Music but obviously I just downloaded Itunes and there is no music on there. How do I get it so the Itunes syncs from my Iphone itself? I have a ton of applications, pictures, contacts, and music on my Iphone that I do not want to lose because I had to clean out my computer. How do I get it so when it syncs it will sync from the Iphone and make my Itunes go back to the way it was. FOr example I want all my playlists back on Itunes, my Videos I had on my Itunes and my Iphone, my contacts that I synced with outlook etc. Basically my main problem is all my data is on my Iphone, but not my Itunes anymore. How can I fix this? Thanks!
    2009-08-25 12:46 AM
    I don't think you can.
    When you are logged into your itunes account in itunes, it will download your apps from the iphone.
    I'm not quite sure if it will sync pictures back on your pc. It should sync back contacts/notes etc.

But you won't get it to sync music or videos to your pc (except rented videos) afaik.

edit: then again, I'm not sure if it will sync ANYTHING from your iphone, because when you connect the iphone itunes will tell you that the iphone is logically connected to another library and that it must wipe the iphone. I guess what I wanna say is: maybe some stuff will get synced to your pc, but you should better have a backup plan!
    2009-08-25 01:09 AM
    You CAN save a lot!

1 - Download iFunBox ( a iTunes substitute) here: i-FunBox | File Manager and Hi-Speed Transfer Tool for iPhone and iPhone 3G (iFunBox Download Page)
    2 - Recover Pictures, Images, Video n Music
    3 - Apps will need to be reinstalled

But clearly better than nothing
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

2009-08-25 01:20 AM
    So I am going to lose all my apps no matter what??? That's extremely depressing! There's no way to save them?
    2009-08-25 01:45 AM
    are your apps in your itunes music folder you saved?
    2009-08-25 02:18 AM
    I dont think so... all I did was save my big music folder. Its the folder I download music then put the music in that folder... then i just drag it from that folder into Itunes. So yeah thats all I got right now. I was hoping I would be able to retrieve everything off my iphone.
    2009-08-25 02:26 AM
    I had get iphone contact transfer software, music transfer software, and iphone picture transfer software. I googled it, then rapidshared it. Very time consuming.
    2009-08-25 02:37 AM
    I didnt save anything but the music files themselves... so I dont have the old Itunes folder or anything. My main concern is I want my Itunes to be like my Iphone again. For example I want my Itunes to display the same playlits, albums, songs, etc. Is that now impossible?
    2009-08-25 02:53 AM
    I didnt save anything but the music files themselves... so I dont have the old Itunes folder or anything. My main concern is I want my Itunes to be like my Iphone again. For example I want my Itunes to display the same playlits, albums, songs, etc. Is that now impossible?
    it never was possible. syncing only goes one way and that is to the mobile device, not from.

you probably will have to redownload your apps, but you don't get charged again for apps you already paid for.
    2009-08-25 03:04 AM
    And what about my Music and contacts? Will I have to redo all of them too or is there something I can do about it? I guess I can live with downloading all my apps again.

I tried that Ifunbox but its not recognizing my music... not sure if i am doing it wrong. I have a 32GB 3GS if that matters at all.

Now my music folder that I am talking about has a bunch of new random folders listed F01 F02 F03 etc and they all have different random songs in them. Any idea where this came from or what it is? Thanks.
    Last edited by tjlamro; 2009-08-25 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-25 05:48 AM
    And what about my Music and contacts? Will I have to redo all of them too or is there something I can do about it? I guess I can live with downloading all my apps again.

I tried that Ifunbox but its not recognizing my music... not sure if i am doing it wrong. I have a 32GB 3GS if that matters at all.

Now my music folder that I am talking about has a bunch of new random folders listed F01 F02 F03 etc and they all have different random songs in them. Any idea where this came from or what it is? Thanks.
    those folders are the music from your iphone, that's how the iphone keeps it on it's disc. but I guess they should still be tagged, so if you import them into itunes that might work.

as for contacts: you can save them manually when your iphone is jailbroken. just connect via SSH (tons of tutorials on google) and download /private/var/mobile/Library/AdressBook/ and for SMS conversations /private/var/mobile/Library/SMS/
    2009-08-25 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD