As of yesterday I now have these black loading like dots on the bottom left of the phone ,messaging,and safari apps what are these and how do I remove them how annoying thanks in advance Qn

* iPhone OS 3.0.1 * *
    1251381502.jpg picture by Qualitynoob - Photobucket
    2009-08-27 08:23 PM
    they are icons indicating that backgrounder is in effect on those apps, telling you they are running in the background. you can turn the icons off using backgrounder settings
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-08-27 08:25 PM
    Error
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-08-27 08:25 PM
    I wonder why, in the last few days, quite a few of those threads poped up. maybe someone should make a sticky
    2009-08-27 08:41 PM
    I just wish people would search before posting
    2009-08-27 08:46 PM
    this doesn't deserve a sticky...

Whos that dumb, checks their cydia, "o a backgrounder update, cool", restarts phone, "wtf what are these completely random circle things?!!, i didn't do anything, lemme make a thread on modmyi"
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-08-27 08:47 PM
    this doesn't deserve a sticky...

Whos that dumb, checks their cydia, "o a backgrounder update, cool", restarts phone, "wtf what are these completely random circle things?!!, i didn't do anything, lemme make a thread on modmyi"
    the strange thing is that the update that brings those dots has been out long ago ... at least on 2.0. maybe it just came out on 3.0 (don't use backgrounder)
    2009-08-27 08:49 PM
    its brand new to 3.0 it happens right after an update. i agree with the earlier comment stating its pretty obvious to know what couses an issue when you update and there is an immediate change. but some people arent as educated as others and we cant be TOO judgemental
    2009-08-27 08:56 PM
    the strange thing is that the update that brings those dots has been out long ago ... at least on 2.0. maybe it just came out on 3.0 (don't use backgrounder)
    It was out a while ago, then alot of people complained and they removed it

Now its back, and people are complaining again lol.

Hopefully the next update, you can control which apps have a badge. Honestly if i could just turn it off on the apps that run natively in the background (phone, ipod, mail), i'd be happy.

EDIT: ignore this last statement, i didn't read the changelog. I'll leave it up though because as a human, i learn from my mistakes.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2009-08-27 at 09:35 PM.
    2009-08-27 08:57 PM
    If you make this a sticky, you should make all the others too..

Only 1 of my speakers is working
    I can't get my keyboard skin to work
    What's the difference between 3.0 and 3.01
    .....etc.....
    2009-08-27 09:00 PM
    babyble_pimp...WRONG. once 3.0 came out the badges did not work. a recent update has brought this back. if you read the documentation inside backgrounder and teh changelog you would know this.....so..

a)Whos that dumb, checks their cydia, "o a backgrounder update, cool", restarts phone
    b) who comments on a change in an application without reading a changelog or description about an app
    2009-08-27 09:02 PM
    babyble_pimp...WRONG. once 3.0 came out the badges did not work. a recent update has brought this back. if you read the documentation inside backgrounder and teh changelog you would know this.....so..

a)Whos that dumb, checks their cydia, "o a backgrounder update, cool", restarts phone
    b) who comments on a change in an application without reading a changelog or description about an app

Exactly, READ
    2009-08-27 09:14 PM
    If you make this a sticky, you should make all the others too..

Only 1 of my speakers is working
    I can't get my keyboard skin to work
    What's the difference between 3.0 and 3.01
    .....etc.....
    aha rofl I like the speaker-thing
    wasn't there an option to disable the badges back on 2.0?

whatever ... I think it's a wrong decision to put something like that on the homescreen without giving the option to disable it
    2009-08-27 09:31 PM

gotcha

Hilarious, but you going out of your way to specifically point me wrong, is kind of ignorant. We're all here to learn... I just learned something...

your a smart dude buddy, real clever. Why not learn to be a helpful part of a community, than just trying to put other people SPECIFICALLY down. I don't know what it is about some of you cyber bullies, but a real man would never mention another mans name, without that man present.
    2009-08-27 09:32 PM
    gotcha

Hilarious, but you going out of your way to specifically point me wrong, is kind of ignorant. We're all here to learn... I just learned something...

your a smart dude buddy, real clever. Why not learn to be a helpful part of a community, than just trying to put other people SPECIFICALLY down. I don't know what it is about some of you cyber bullies, but a real man would never mention another mans name, without that man present.
    maybe "he" is a woman.
    think about it ...

I have to stop posting in this topic, seriously
    2009-08-27 09:34 PM

whatever ... I think it's a wrong decision to put something like that on the homescreen without giving the option to disable it
    You can disable it by opening the app, go to global.
    2009-08-27 09:35 PM
    You can disable it by opening the app, go to global.
    oh, alright then. like I said, I don't use background (no need to since push was introduced). Someone else said it can't be disabled, that's why I posted that ...
    2009-08-27 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD