Hi all, new here so please bear with me
    I am sure this has been done to death! but i can`t find anything on this particular point.
    If i fully charge my iphone say at 11.00 pm turn everything off wifi b/tooth etc, free up memory, by 7 am battery has more or less fully discharged, if i remove the sim and do same again by 7am I still have 100% battery!? have tried again leaving wifi and location on same thing 100% then i listen to ipod while surfing and looking over google maps uses very little battery/
    any ideas would be realy appreciated as i love the phone but cant stand this! (or bluetooth but that another point)
    Allan
    2009-08-29 12:36 PM
    What Network? Do you have any apps using Push Notification?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-08-29 01:00 PM
    Hi, have pay as go sim on o2, turned of push set it to manual, but seem to be able to do most things with very little drain until i put sim in, i have a 3 sim laying about, my try that later
    2009-08-29 01:17 PM
    Have you JB? Unlocked?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-08-29 02:23 PM
    Hi, yes it is
    2009-08-29 02:28 PM
    Did you activate or hactivate? RedSn0w or pwnage?
    2009-08-29 02:41 PM
    not sure, had a local guy do it for me, though i am sure i have seen red snow under packages in cydia, how else could i find which one?
    2009-08-29 02:49 PM
    Ok, have an update on this, have tried a 3 sim, over a ten hour period not using the phone but leaving wifi, bluetooth, location etc on, only used about 30% of battery? put the 02 sim back and after 4 hours has used 25% already, why such a big difference?
    2009-08-31 03:32 PM
    Try resetting network settings when you change SIM.
    Why did you get someone else to unlock it for you? I hope you didn't pay!
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-08-31 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typo
    2009-08-31 03:34 PM
    tried that, tried auto as well, same thing
    2009-08-31 03:38 PM
    Hi, i have a solution to my problem! Was looking on the o2 web site and went to help with iphone section, found a heading "How do i change my pay and go iphone data settings"
    Help - O2)
    It seem that the iphone is automaticaly set to pay monthly, i followed the instructions and changed settings to pay as you go.
    Fully charged at 11.00 pm left Bluetooth, wifi,3g and ssh on by 7am it had only used about 7% of battery, this may be the case with other carriers, needs to be investigated and if so a sticky would be a good idea, as any help with battery life is much needed
    2009-09-02 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD