Hi everyone,

I had a 3G, and I was always able to sync my iphone photos with iphoto. In fact iPhoto would always open up when I plugged in my 3g.

I recently got a 3GS. And now, not only can I NOT sync any photos or videos with iPhoto, but iPhoto doesn't even open when my phone is plugged in.

When I open up iPhoto, there is no iPhone option.

I am using Mac OSX 10.5.8 (Getting snow leopard shortly)
    iTunes 8.2.1
    iPhoto 8.1

I'm pretty sure those are the newest of each.

I have already deleted and re-installed both itunes and iphoto. And still nothing works

I have also unchecked and check the sync photos option.

Can anyone help please???
    2009-08-30 01:56 AM
    do you actually have anything in your camera roll? because I think otherwise iphoto won't recognize the iphone as a camera.
    2009-08-30 02:48 AM
    Thanks for the quick answer
    Of course. I have over 50 photos and 10 videos.

Any ideas?
    2009-08-30 02:52 AM
    strange. can you try another pc/mac and see if the iphone turns up as a camera there?
    2009-08-30 10:25 AM
    I tried a pc.

Im not entirely sure whats supposed to happen, but itunes opens and the phone begins to sync. Nothing ever pops up like iphoto or anything.

what could be the problem? and how the heck do i solve it?
    2009-09-02 02:28 AM
    I tried a pc.

Im not entirely sure whats supposed to happen, but itunes opens and the phone begins to sync. Nothing ever pops up like iphoto or anything.

what could be the problem? and how the heck do i solve it?
    well, on a pc the iphone is supposed to show up as a hard drive in windows explorer. at least that's how my iphone behaves under vista and 7.
    if it doesn't show up ... strange. I'd say that maybe your connection cable is broken, but you don't seem to have any issues with syncing and stuff. If the problem doesn't get resolved, take the iphone to an apple store and talk to a genius. they know anything and if they DON'T know you will get a new phone I guess
    2009-09-02 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD