User Tag List

I want to start out by saying that I love my iphone. It's a fantastic tool/toy/etc that allows me to do my job better and consolidate electronics that I would otherwise need to carry around.

That being said, I'm running into a very frustrating issue with my work laptop and my USB keyboard/mouse that are plugged into my docking station. Currently the mouse/keyboard sit about 3 feet from the main dock. They have never given me a lick of problems in the past. Below are links to the keyboard and mouse that I'm currently using.

SideWinder? X8 Mouse
    Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000

If I have my iphone plugged into my laptop and it comes within 3 feet or either my mouse or keyboard, they will stop working after about 20-45 minutes. A reboot will get the devices working properly again, but it also requires that I save everything at work that I have open, which can be very hard when my keyboard stops responding.

I've attempted to turn off 3G (which doesn't even connect at work anyway) WiFi, Bluetooth and attempted 5 different ipod/iphone cables. My officemate can replicate the issue and can see the frustration that I go through.

Since I use my phone regularly as it's my business line, I need to keep it charged, as I run through an entire charge within about half of a day, and trying to plug the phone in under my desk where my surge protector lies.

I've attempted to search Google and Bing, but come up with little aside the note that it has happened with a few people with Macs.

Do I just have a bum phone? I've attempted to restore the new 3.0.1 firmware with no success. It's frustrating since I can't get the issue to replicate on a device within 5-10 minutes, it always takes somewhere between 20-45 minutes.
    2009-09-03 05:37 AM
    ok i understand the mouse not working. the iphones probably interacting with the wireless connection

However the keyboard shouldn't be having any problems. have you tried using a different usb connection(rather then the dock) for the mouse and keyboard, and the phone?
    Also with USB Devices you shouldnt need to shut down and restart just to get them working again.
    A simple unplug replug should do the trick.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
    2009-09-03 10:10 AM
    ok i understand the mouse not working. the iphones probably interacting with the wireless connection

However the keyboard shouldn't be having any problems. have you tried using a different usb connection(rather then the dock) for the mouse and keyboard, and the phone?
    Also with USB Devices you shouldnt need to shut down and restart just to get them working again.
    A simple unplug replug should do the trick.

I thought the wireless thing was pretty straightforward as well, and I've attempted to use every USB port on the computer itself. Currently I have two on the right hand side of the chassis and one on the left hand side of the chassis.

I've noticed this is a much larger problem when the phone is plugged into the dock. I just find it strange that this doesn't happen with the exact same model phone as my officemate, but he can replicate what I'm seeing when I plug my phone into his computer. Same model laptop/dock/etc.

Would anyone say that I have any leeway with attempting to get a replacement phone? I'd hate to have to deal with this for the next two years until I'm available for a phone upgrade through AT&T again.
    2009-09-03 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD