wow--almost feels like im talking to no one in this thread..but ill still give u a suggestion:

**Try simply restarting computer first and then using iTunes..**
    If that doesnt work, continue on....:

1)go to the following directory
    [make sure to enable hidden folders in Menu bar>Tools>Folder Options>View (top tab)]

(Vista Users)...C: \Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
    (XP Users)...C: \Documents and Settings\*username*\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
    (MAC)...not sure, but wherever the firmwares are located

2)In that directory, delete ALL files that end in .ipsw

3)take the SIM out

4)then install ZiPhone (if not already)

5)dock ur iPhone

6)choose Advanced Features in ZiPhone

7)choose DFU Mode

8)open iTunes now and see if it detects it in recovery mode..then proceed with restoring and let it download the firmware all over again...
    Last edited by mkblade; 2009-09-11 at 02:49 AM.
    2009-09-11 02:40 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion mkblade, but doesn´t work for me. I already tried everything i could find about the DFU LOOP problem( all usb ports, other computer, many firmwares..., but in the end i still have this blank screen. The only time i see somthing on it is when i do a restore or jailbreak.
    2009-09-12 12:56 AM
    this phone wont get out in that fashion. it just shuts down. when any bottun poressed to start it back up, whethor home before plugging it in or power button, it comes back in dfu with a vengence. No icons displayed unless its being restored. of course before it fails and reboots again in dfu mode with error 6.
    btw, just so you (or everybody else who needs it) know, I just had the chance to try it: it works like I said. if you are in dfu mode, hold down power and home until you see the apple -> you can boot again.
    2009-09-12 03:30 AM
    what you might not know is for those of us who are stuck in dfu at this point, it isnt so easy to get out. all combinations work and I can hear it go back into the same mode it was in before, but the machine already comes on in dfu mode. kill the battery, and turn it on after charge and its still dfu. restore and its in dfu and reboots with error 6 and still in dfu. i see an icon only in iboot and restore modes that are only set off by itunes ~ mid ~ a failed restore attempt.

its always dfu. your options work fine but not on this iphone. its stuck, for real. I think I may have more programs and custom ipsw firmwares than that of all the internet at this point. many different versions of itunes, as well as every program for windows and a few not developed for windows. I'll send you a dvd full after i throw this iphone out the window of my car while on the road to work!
    2009-09-12 04:56 AM
    I just found out Itunes rocognizes my iphone 3g (in DFU loop) as iphone 2g (because its downloading the 1,1 firmware for update). When i see the white screen (after winpwn trick) it is downloading 1,2 Version of the firmware. ANYONE has an idea why ???
    2009-09-16 06:31 PM
    I just found out Itunes rocognizes my iphone 3g (in DFU loop) as iphone 2g (because its downloading the 1,1 firmware for update). When i see the white screen (after winpwn trick) it is downloading 1,2 Version of the firmware. ANYONE has an idea why ???
    ok do as so many have tried to tell me and see if it works for your iphone, since its clearly different than my situation.

first download the firmware:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....4_Restore.ipsw

then plug the iphone in and let it see it in restore mode.
    shift+click the restore button and locate the file you just downloaded. its the ipsw formware update apple released you just downloaded. that should begin your update to a valid 3g update.

let me know if this works, if not im stumped cause it downloading a 2g file for a 3g phone is wierd.
    2009-09-17 03:48 PM
    if u get an error like 1604 u can just use quickpwn 2.2.5 to restart it, or u can use ih8sn0ws program to make ur iphone get a white screen then u can reflash it
    2009-09-17 04:11 PM
    OK, another attempt!!!
    Had 2 get the white screen first, otherwise Itunes would say the 1.2 FW is not for this product.
    Everything looked fine, the apple came...and later the progress bar...
    Nice i thought, this is working.
    But then reboot...and nothing. Screen is blank, same as before.
    2009-09-17 05:19 PM
    Hmm strange I remember my phone would be a blank screen and not react 2 anything, I just left it alone for about 15min then I just plugged it in and the apple logo appeared then I just held onto home only until my pc started making those driver sounds…then I just restored
    2009-09-17 06:22 PM
    Mines perminently stuck on blank screen. auto on dfu, changes to battery warning at times when needed, but other than that unless switching modes for updating its blank. error 6 for life!
    2009-09-18 12:26 AM
    not sure if this was mentioned or not...but what firmware u on?

Might I also suggest you check out a thread on this site...
    http://modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/2838...tunes-fix.html
    Last edited by mkblade; 2009-09-18 at 08:43 PM.
    2009-09-18 08:39 PM
    an old school solution that works alot of times and good advice, but alas, it is in dfu mode. in vista you have the convenience of knowing exactly the mode because of the driver actually telling you which mode your in. (dfu), (iboot), etc. Im always in dfu unless its attempting a restore and switches to load crap. itunes in every version takes me out of dfu to restore eventually. (..your iphone up for restore..) iboot then restore mode where i can see the apple boot icon. it fails shortly after verifying the restore and as i posted earlier it appears to be in the same spot every time. Im asuming its toast at this point but as an electronics geek i can never let something like this defeat me.
    edit:
    the only other time i can actually ever see anything on the screen is when thebattery is almost dead and the charge icon appears.
    2009-09-19 12:03 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD