Howdy, everyone! I recently bought a friend's 3G that suffered a drop to the pavement and a broken screen. I know there are several outfits that offer to repair broken screens/iPhones (hell, there are about five just in my area alone), but I wondered if anyone had used a specific company before and liked the experience. Just shoot me with the cheapest, most legit companies you've heard about or used.
    On a side note, I know it's cheap to do the repairs myself. I'm pretty good with electronics, so how hard is it to fix it myself without further destroying things?
    Thanks so much!
    2009-09-07 09:24 PM
    Just buy a COMPLTE!! --- this is important --- screen with glass & digitizer from e.g. eBay.

Then just Google for "iPhone Disasembled 3G" --- be carful not making unneccesary scratches/marks on the back when opening.

There are a lot of scammers trying to sell the screen glass only - this will NOT work. The glass and the digitizer are held together with a 2-sided transparetnt adhesive.... very, very difficult to replace.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

2009-09-07 10:01 PM
    There is a Moderator here on the forum named "cpjr" the is very respected and will do repairs for members. I in fact have had him work on several phones for me.
    Find a post by him and send him a private message, also in his signature and throughout the forum you can search for DIY repairs as well as You Tube if you would like to attempt this yourself if your 100% confidant you can do it. Be certain you can because you can cause so many more problems by opening up your phone.
    2009-09-07 10:09 PM
    Thanks for the info, guys! I'll look into contacting him. I know how to do it (I've seen a couple YouTube videos), and the actual process seems easy enough, it just looked like there's a lot of room for seriously messing up the system. So assuming I'm a reasonably skilled chap with experience replacing old iPod batteries and such, how likely would I be to do the repair without screwing the whole phone up? I feel I could do it, but if it's better left in someone else's hands, than I'm definitely fine with that.
    2009-09-07 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD