So i got an iPhone 3gS from craigslist. It is brand new and everything. Only had it for a month. Now idk if its just me but from about 8am to 4pm, just normal usage like internet, texting and calling, im at about 50-60% by 4PM. With gaming for ABOUT an hour, im at around 30-40%( the gaming life for this phonr SUCKS!) so is this normal for everyone? I was thinking since i got it from craigslist and it does have a year warranty, can i go get an exchange phone? I dont have AT&T. I have T-Mobile. I also deleted some useless dameons so idk if that helped a little.
    2009-09-09 01:06 AM
    hard to say from your description, but it could be normal. internet/texting/phoning/gamíng are the most battery-draining things you can do.

consider this:
    advertised battery time on call / using 3g is 5hrs
    on wifi it's 9hrs
    on 2g it's 12hrs

gaming would be about the same as using 3g I guess. also consider that advertised battery times are normally way too high.

oh and btw: the battery life for gaming doesn't suck, quite the opposite. but other mobile phones can't NEARLY do as much as the iphone when it comes to gaming. not even close. consider that ;-)

in any case, with the numbers I just gave you in mind, try to see if that fits. if you get 3-5hrs on 3G, I'd say your phone is alright.
    2009-09-09 01:11 AM
    Yes you can take it to the Apple Store for warranty issues
    2009-09-09 01:12 AM
    will they take it back if i say its having youtube buffering slow issues and battery issues? i wont have to prove its having those problems right? Because im on tmobile. Also i cant test the 3g thing out because i dont have 3g. i use the free edge internet hack
    2009-09-09 02:30 AM
    will they take it back if i say its having youtube buffering slow issues and battery issues? i wont have to prove its having those problems right? Because im on tmobile. Also i cant test the 3g thing out because i dont have 3g. i use the free edge internet hack
    if you DO have battery issues, does it matter if you have to prove them?
    send it in, if there is something wrong with the phone you will get a replacement. and if there isn't then ... well, there isn't
    2009-09-09 03:17 AM
    they'll replace the battery at the genius bar, they don't give out new phones for that anymore.
    make sure it's not jailbroken
    2009-09-09 03:29 AM
    Wow so they will actually open up the iphone? Thats like voiding the warranty already LOL. Sothey break it, they pay it
    2009-09-09 04:40 AM
    they'll replace the battery at the genius bar, they don't give out new phones for that anymore.
    make sure it's not jailbroken
    I just got a replacment iphone last week for just that reason. so they DO hand them out.
    oh and btw, they can actually replace batteries at the genius bars, but I know no case where they did. they replace them later and then use the refurbished phone as a replacement phone for another customer, as far as I know
    2009-09-09 11:13 AM
    if you can get a new phone then its great you must go and get it checked.
    2009-09-09 03:00 PM
    i saw 3 people while i was waiting to get my phone swapped out just have their batteries replaced, it doesn't void any warranty because they're registered to do it.

and the contract you sign at the genius bar says pretty much "if we break it by accident, and lose all your data, we're not responsible"
    2009-09-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD