Basically I have an on-going conversation with someone that I'd like to keep from the beginning on my phone, but want to do a restore to 3.1.

All my SMS messages are backed up with PhoneView and are visible in the Archive. Could anyone help me with just transferring the specific conversation back to my iPhone- if thats not possible would it be possible to transfer all my Archived SMS to my iPhone so I can deleted the rest?

On 10.6 and have PhoneView.

Any Ideas?

Cheers guys
    2009-09-10 03:32 PM
    I never used PhoneView, but:
    1) when you restore the phone, itunes gives you the option to restore from backup which will bring back all your conversations
    2) if you are familiar with SSHing onto the phone, you can backup your sms manually by backing up /private/var/mobile/Library/SMS/

:-)
    2009-09-10 03:39 PM
    Thanks for the help but I have already restored as soon as 3.1 (Realise the post was a bit misleading I copied my post from another forum after a lack of response but have since restored to 3.1) came out and wanted to set it up as a new iPhone just so it was a fresh start.

I know about SSH'ing but PhoneView only allows to you to copy fils in a .txt format- does anyone have any idea how to convert this file into a iPhone friendly .db file?

Or an .xml file to a .db for iPhone?
    Last edited by mrbenjaminpomeroy; 2009-09-10 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-10 04:05 PM
    ...oh snap. If it was a db, this would be an easy job. Try phonebrowser's forum or something? I think you'd find an answer quicker there.
    2009-09-10 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD