So the other day I got an iphone 3gs and I used to have a 2nd gen iphone and had a usb extention cable from my pc and then attached the apple usb cable to that and it worked fine, but now my iphone 3gs only charges have the time when I plug it in, it gives the usual error message "charging is not supported with this accessory" but im not using anything different except a usb extendar because my pc is too far for the short cable.

so I want to know why it does that and I remeber seeing some trick to bypass that so it would charge anyways?

2009-09-12 02:57 AM
    You cant use any cable from a 2g (first-gen) iphone on a 3g or 3gs. They changed the pin addresses on the connector and it wont work properly, or it will mess something up. There are alot of threads on here about that.
    2009-09-12 03:05 AM
    I am using the cable that came with my 3gs and i use the old cable to charge my phone from the wall without any problems, but why wont it charge off the pc with the new cable?

2009-09-12 03:12 AM
    Any ideas?

2009-09-14 02:26 AM
    Im a little confused at to what your saying...

But, if you not using the cable that came with the phone....its not compatible.
    2009-09-14 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD