hey first ihad 3.0.1 jailbroken unlockes 3gs
    one day i got no carrier..only my carrier did not work, but everyone else did. so i wantet to restore, but it did'nt work thx apple
    but thx saurik i downgradet to 3.0 i jailbroke connected to itunes. itunes activated the iphone and then i unlocked.
    now there comes the message on the ihone: waiting for iphone to be activated! no second later the message: the chosen carrier isn't avaiable any more. you can chose another one blabla..

what the hell can i do?
    2009-09-15 05:19 AM
    ? r u on AT&T ?
    If not use Ultrasn0w (should do the trick also if u r on AT&T)

iClarified - iPhone - How to Select an iPhone Unlock/Jailbreak Tutorial
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

2009-09-15 05:31 AM
    im on orange (austria) it's unlocked!!! but i can'T use any carrier
    2009-09-15 10:52 AM
    im on orange (austria) it's unlocked!!! but i can'T use any carrier
    if your phone factory unlocked? if not, you must install ultrasn0w. if it is, contact your carrier and ask them about it.
    2009-09-15 03:15 PM
    ultrasn0w is installed but it my sim carrier does'nt work...BUT oNLAY MINE!
    2009-09-15 07:22 PM
    ultrasn0w is installed but it my sim carrier does'nt work...BUT oNLAY MINE!
    that makes me think it's a problem with your sim card or carrier. did you try your sim in another phone, if possible no iphone?
    2009-09-16 12:59 AM
    yeah it works with my nokia..i went to shop, to geht a new one, but that didn't work too. so for now i'm going to check if my sim card works in another iphone 3g or 3gs...
    2009-09-16 01:15 AM
    yeah it works with my nokia..i went to shop, to geht a new one, but that didn't work too. so for now i'm going to check if my sim card works in another iphone 3g or 3gs...
    so your simcard worked in another phone? then it's not the sim, that's for sure. I would guess that somehow your unlock is screwed up, though this is weird behaviour. I can't see how it could be a hardware problem with your iphone.
    did you save your ECID in cydia? if so you could follow sauriks instructions to restore to 3.0 (or 3.0.1) and then just start from scratch.
    2009-09-16 01:35 AM
    i restored 5 times, wanted to activate via itunes, but after activation it did'nt work so i unloked it, but it didn't work to..when my card works in a other iphone, i sell my iphone 3gs 32gb and buy a 16gb iphone..
    2009-09-16 01:53 AM
    i restored 5 times, wanted to activate via itunes, but after activation it did'nt work so i unloked it, but it didn't work to..when my card works in a other iphone, i sell my iphone 3gs 32gb and buy a 16gb iphone..
    strange thing, really. if you have the chance, try another simcard (possibly from the same carrier as you are using) in your iphone ... . I still think everything is alright with the phone as other carriers do work, I think it has to be something specific about your simcard that the iphone doesn't like (for some weird reason)
    2009-09-16 03:12 AM
    thanks for your help but i think der is no more hope...tried 5 simcards...3 were from my carrier and they didn't work..all other carriers work...seems to be that my carrier locked this iphone
    2009-09-16 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD