What command line do I use to turn off my iphone from terminal?

2009-09-21 03:44 AM
    suprisingly enough:
    shutdown

enjoy :-)
    2009-09-21 08:33 AM
    suprisingly enough:
    shutdown

enjoy :-)
    BlackWolf, 'shutdown' is not the command that turns off the iphone from terminal. I tried it and I get an error that says: 'command not found'.

Do you or someone else knows what command turns off the iphone from terminal?

2009-09-21 05:05 PM
    BlackWolf, 'shutdown' is not the command that turns off the iphone from terminal. I tried it and I get an error that says: 'command not found'.

Do you or someone else knows what command turns off the iphone from terminal?

mh, you're right, seems like shutdown isn't implemented on iphone OS.
    in this case you have to use halt oder poweroff, I think both are implemented.

edit: halt only seems to reboot ... poweroff doesn't work. strange though, halt should actually halt the system, but the iphone seems to reboot itself automatically.
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-09-21 at 05:13 PM.
    2009-09-21 05:10 PM
    reboot. There is no CLI power off command that I can find, only halt which is a symlink to reboot. 3G 3.0
    2009-09-21 06:00 PM
    reboot. There is no CLI power off command that I can find, only halt which is a symlink to reboot. 3G 3.0
    yep, reboot and halt are the only things I could find ... strange though, it must be possible some way or another
    2009-09-21 06:51 PM
    yep, reboot and halt are the only things I could find ... strange though, it must be possible some way or another
    Thanks, man.

2009-09-21 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD