I was thinking since the phones are just about the same hardware can't I just copy the apps folder in ssh for things like the compass and video editing app and add them on a 3g we already know that the iphone has been capable for video recording since the 2g.
    2009-09-21 05:49 AM
    no, because they are NOT the same hardware ^^ not even close.
    2009-09-21 08:37 AM
    no, because they are NOT the same hardware ^^ not even close.
    Right. I think, kemar, that you were confusing it with the fact that it has the same form factor.
    2009-09-21 05:40 PM
    The 3g does not have the compass hardware. Also the copying of the video software has been talked about before. It runs into several issues, but some people have worked on it. Do a search for it you should find it easy.
    2009-09-22 02:14 AM
    The 3g does not have the compass hardware. Also the copying of the video software has been talked about before. It runs into several issues, but some people have worked on it. Do a search for it you should find it easy.
    it doesn't even matter if the 3G has a compass. the 3GS apps are compiled for a completly different processor etc. ... it won't work without a lot of work
    2009-09-22 12:47 PM
    Was just mentioning, sort of like you can't copy the GPS software from a 3g to the 2g because it is not capable. Yea the thread with the users trying to bring the video editing portion over from the 3gs to 3g got lost, to much work that lead to nowhere.
    2009-09-23 04:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD