3g Ver 3.0 JB and unlocked. The battery drains ridicously fast, doing anything on the phone sometimes you actually see the percentages drop.When I set to airplane mode I can do everything with minimal battery drain. What do you guys think? Thanks
    2009-09-22 05:07 PM
    Even with my 2G, I'm having battery issues. Consider maybe rolling back or something, I haven't had time to do so yet, But I think I might try today.. I don't even get like 4 hours of STANDBY mode... It's ridiculous..
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^
    2009-09-22 05:23 PM
    sometimes you actually see the percentages drop
    if you wouldn't, the battery meter would always say 100%

seriously though, what is "fast" for you? what are you doing on the phone, which services do you have switched on and how long does your battery last?

btw, little edit: I'm asking this because ever since 3.0 the battery life is pretty short on all iphones ... mine barely makes it through a day and that's normal (sadly)
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-09-22 at 05:48 PM.
    2009-09-22 05:23 PM
    I had the same problem with my 3gs it was software I had installed. Have you installed anything new? Change theme or settings? Start removing apps or change settings back in the reverse order you installed or changed them. If yours was doing like mine you should be able to tell pretty quick.

Mine seemed to be a combination of settings and util apps I had installed
    2009-09-22 05:24 PM
    I removed anything I installed themes, apps and some video and most of the stuff from cydia.i did a reboot and let it fully charged, from the time I left the house it was 100% an hour later it is down to 92%, I have not usedthe phone as yet. i rechecked and wifi was on so I shut off and will start from 92% and see how it goes.
    2009-09-23 11:21 AM
    I removed anything I installed themes, apps and some video and most of the stuff from cydia.i did a reboot and let it fully charged, from the time I left the house it was 100% an hour later it is down to 92%, I have not usedthe phone as yet. i rechecked and wifi was on so I shut off and will start from 92% and see how it goes.
    well, I think it's possible you have wrong expectations on your iphone battery. just because you didn't touch it doesn't mean it has to stay at 100% all the time. here are some things

1) push or push mail are huge battery drainers
    2) bluetooth as well
    3) using the internet and playing games drains the battery extremly fast
    4) wifi doesn't drain the battery when you phone sleeps, it only drains the battery when you are actually transmitting data
    5) average standby time for my 3GS is about 80-100hrs, STANDBY. If I actually use the phone I barely make it through a day.
    6) third-party tools running in the background can have a huge impact on your battery. check settings > general > usage from time to time. If the "usage" time increases even though your iphone was asleep, it might indicate that a process is running away in the background. try rebooting the phone to solve the issue. but please note that, in my experience, the usage time increases about 1hr in 10hrs when you have push and fetch activated.

so now for the interesting question: when did you leave the house and when did you come back? so in which timespan did the battery go from 100 to 92%?
    2009-09-23 11:48 AM
    One other thing you can try is turn notifications off in settings notifications turn the main setting off not just the apps and see if that helps. I wish I could remember what I did but phone was doing the exact same thing. If you have sbsettings installed you can also go to more then mobile substrat addons to see 3rd party utils running there. My problem started when I was playing around with the inav themes and installed abunch of apps like 20seclockscreen for the themes. Do not disable anything in sbsettings that you dont know what it is it could really screw you up.
    2009-09-23 12:33 PM
    One other thing you can try is turn notifications off in settings notifications turn the main setting off not just the apps and see if that helps. I wish I could remember what I did but phone was doing the exact same thing. If you have sbsettings installed you can also go to more then mobile substrat addons to see 3rd party utils running there. My problem started when I was playing around with the inav themes and installed abunch of apps like 20seclockscreen for the themes. Do not disable anything in sbsettings that you dont know what it is it could really screw you up.
    notifications = push, just as a side note.
    but push IS NOT mail push, those are seperate settings!
    2009-09-23 02:02 PM
    maybe wrong thread but Ill gamble...My battery drained from 70+ to 20 or so at work last nite....i looked at processes and I think I left SSH on..anyway my battery went to zero from 70 in about 2 hrs.....I figured no big deal now my phone is completely dead...cant charge..cant restore iTunes wont recog..cant go into DFU mode......completely dead phone..talked to apple and they want me to send it in.....its JB with tons of apps.......any brilliant ideas anybody??????
    2009-09-23 03:48 PM
    The same thing happened to me yesterday here is what I did and what I am experiencing now.

Two days ago everything was fine. I updated some Cydia apps (SBSettings primarily) and then all of a sudden my battery life started to drain very fast but I didnt notice it. I thought something was odd when I looked at my phone how low the battery was but as we all know the battery is poo anyways.

I didnt plug it in that night and woke up to a dead phone. Plugged it in and got the red bar charging. I let it charge for HOURS and it never increased (the phone was charging - ill get to that).

I too called apple and they said I needed to bring it in to be swapped out. I couldnt get it to do anything. Finally I got it into restore more - unplugged let it die plugged it in holding power and home when screen mildly flashed released power and itunes could see it. The apple rep said restore and should be fine if not replace it.

I got it restored back to 3.0 virgin and when it turned on it was at 90+% so even though it said it wasnt charging it was charging.

I went ahead and jailbroke and installed apps only to find out there is still a problem. I got it charged to 100% made one phone call for less then 5 minutes and it was already at 88%. I can watch the phone drop a percent every couple minutes. The only thing I have on my phone right now is 3.0, jb, and sbsettings nothing else.

One thing i noticed too is when I plug it in it charges VERY fast getting back up to 100% much quicker than it should.

I am wondering if its really a battery issue or software issue.

I am restoring my phone now and going to run it no JB for a while to see what the result of that is.

Anyone else have similiar problem? And if i have to swap it with apple do you think ill get a 3.1 FW or 3.0 phone? Does this sound hardware or software?

*in the time it took for me to make this post I dropped from 82% to 68%.

** I made one phone call less then five minutes 6 text messages and dropped from 100% to 82% in less than an hour with no JB. I guess its my battery - fingers crossed I get a 3.0 one!
    Last edited by FuNkYpHaT; 2009-09-23 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Non JB usage update
    2009-09-23 06:13 PM
    With most of the stuff removed from the phone, i noticed that battery discharge was much slower. Is it the themes or SBsettings draining the battery? A friend who has a 3GS fully charged to 100%, makes a few calls plays games all day and in the afternoon he is only down to 96% what the hell!!!!! The phone is on ATT and not jailbroken or unlocked.
    2009-09-23 07:50 PM
    With most of the stuff removed from the phone, i noticed that battery discharge was much slower. Is it the themes or SBsettings draining the battery? A friend who has a 3GS fully charged to 100%, makes a few calls plays games all day and in the afternoon he is only down to 96% what the hell!!!!! The phone is on ATT and not jailbroken or unlocked.
    haha, I think he was kidding you and charged his phone because that's simply impossible. Even playing for only 10-20 minutes will drain your phone by 5% or something, at least! Even having it in standby will drain it more than 4%!
    themes and SBSettings should not drain your battery (except the theme does something special, for example display your calendar entries on the lockscreen or stuff like that).

I can tell you this: I have pretty much everything enabled. push, mail-push, 3G, location services etc.
    On a good day, my phone drains about 1%/hour, on a bad day it can be 2-3% - in standby. If I actually use the phone, this can be much much more (especially when surfing over 3G or playing games)
    2009-09-23 10:32 PM
    While i was waiting at apple (and a three hour wait at that) my battery got down to 30% then shot back up to 82% WTF! I got sick of waiting and left. I got home plugged in my iphone the battery picture came up empty it did a respring and came back up to the red battery icon and is dead again. I am restoring yet again to get it back up WTF is going on!
    2009-09-23 10:58 PM
    While i was waiting at apple (and a three hour wait at that) my battery got down to 30% then shot back up to 82% WTF! I got sick of waiting and left. I got home plugged in my iphone the battery picture came up empty it did a respring and came back up to the red battery icon and is dead again. I am restoring yet again to get it back up WTF is going on!
    you should have waited I guess ... I reserved a week before I went to the apple store and still had to wait 45 minutes ...
    2009-09-23 11:35 PM
    im in the same boat..my battery went dead last nite and would not even power on ..nothing..I talked to apple ans am mailing it in....finally I got that 10% red battery you did and I got itunes to recog...I did a 3.1 upgrade bad as I hated to....but the battery still wont hold a charge....off to apple it goes...I hope the 3.1 restore is in there since it was a JB....why did your battery crash?..have I figured that out yet?
    2009-09-24 01:47 AM
    Yesterday at about 3pm I charged the phone to 100%, this morning at 5am I was down to 91% this is so much better than what it was. I received 1 phone call and checked a few times to see the %. The usage says 23 mins this morning. Since getting rid of some items on the phone it is so much better. I am going to reinstall programs one at a time to find the culprit. Thanks
    2009-09-24 11:34 AM
    Cool glad you got some where with it. Its weird but dont expect to catch it lol. When that happened to me I disabled a bunch of things and unistalled apps then went and did the same thing you are doing reinstall and reenable and I still dont know why it did it! My phone now has more crap running and its fine.
    2009-09-24 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD