As I was syncing my iPoT 1G(8GB, JB) earlier, I found that my iTunes wouldn't allow me to sync just a couple of songs to my iPod even though there was about 70+ MB of space left on the hard drive. Now I buy my music from iTunes Music Store, and even though their music files seem to be outrageously large(about 9 MB each), between two files, they don't quite add up to 70+ MB of memory.

I would keep getting a "There is not enough room on (insert name here)'s iPod to copy all of the requested files. iTunes will copy as many files as possible" message, even though I have plenty of space available to sync with.

Tech info:
    iPod Touch 1G, 8 GB, Jailbroken, OS 3.0 (I wasn't presented with the option to upgrade to 3.0.1)
    iTunes 9.0.0.70
    Windows 7 RC x86
    2009-09-23 05:32 AM
    Could be a glitch, And also, this isn't the right section to post at. Please post in the iPod Touch section. Thanks!
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^
    2009-09-23 05:36 AM
    Well no point making a new one there now, thx for the heads up though. Honestly, I never scroll down that far, and I figured that the iPhone/iTouch are similar enough, shouldn't make too much of a difference. I'll keep that in mind for earlier though. Mods, feel free to move it if need be.

If it's indeed a glitch, would simply updating iTunes to 9.0.1 be a solution? Or should I just downgrade to 8.0 for now?
    I just deleted a movie, and now my device allows new files to be put on now that there's more than 70MB of room for it.
    2009-09-23 05:45 AM
    Upgrading to 9.0 I don't think can be that bad, I would try it. Let us know, and tell us what's more wrong, We can help you troubleshoot from there ^^
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^
    2009-09-23 05:49 AM
    I'm currently running iTunes 9.0, which is giving me the space error. Looking to update iTunes later today.
    2009-09-23 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD