I received a text today from att stating that on 9/25 MMS will be available for iphone. My question is, will it be on my phone automatically, or will I have to do an upgrade to get it?
    2009-09-23 07:36 AM
    I'm thinking you're gonna have to do some small update on your phone through iTunes. But I'm no expert.
    2009-09-23 08:34 AM
    i wanna know too but im on t mobile so what does that mean for me?
    2009-09-24 03:34 AM
    what it means disceptre, is that you are not affected by it in any way. i doubt that you will ever get MMS support (unless T-Mobile officially puts iPhones in their line up), but i could be wrong. maybe try sending a photo/video to a friend and seeing if it works?
    2009-09-24 03:59 AM
    i wanna know too but im on t mobile so what does that mean for me?
    MMS is has been available for T-Mobile since 3.0, check the T-Mobile section here and look for the 'Carrier Bundle' Thread.

If you have a 2G you will need to get the activateMMS2G package from Cydia first DO NOT INSTALL THAT ON A 3G

what it means disceptre, is that you are not affected by it in any way. i doubt that you will ever get MMS support (unless T-Mobile officially puts iPhones in their line up), but i could be wrong. maybe try sending a photo/video to a friend and seeing if it works?
    Once again.... bad information. I see you are trying to be helpful, but if you are giving out the wrong information, its counter productive.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    2009-09-24 05:39 AM
    ^okay sorry was just giving a temporary answer until someone was able to help
    2009-09-24 05:50 AM
    MMS is has been available for T-Mobile since 3.0, check the T-Mobile section here and look for the 'Carrier Bundle' Thread.

If you have a 2G you will need to get the activateMMS2G package from Cydia first DO NOT INSTALL THAT ON A 3G

Once again.... bad information. I see you are trying to be helpful, but if you are giving out the wrong information, its counter productive.
    thanks, but when i hold shift +ctrl it just checks my ipod and itunes for updates. I'm not understanding how to choose that file
    2009-09-24 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD