Hi guys,

Wanting to downgrade from 3.0.1 to 2.2.1. Any method to use that's simple? I forgot what to use, I thought maybe redsn0w, but I can't find a link. If somebody could give me a guide or something, That would be great. Any software is good for me besides ZiPhone..

Unlocking and Jailbreaking, Thanks!

Note: If replied to, Somebody delete the old one under "Unlocking/Activation" thanks.
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^
    2009-09-24 02:28 AM
    i don't think there's a way to downgrade from 3.x down to 2.x

and no, i'm not mistaking this for not being able to downgrade from 3.1 down to 3.0. i don't think you can downgrade from either of these.

why do you want to go back to 2.2.1 anyway? just wondering.
    2009-09-24 02:39 AM
    I've had quite a few of battery issues with my 2G, and I just wanted to go back to 2.2.1 to see if that would fix it as I think it should. There should be a way I think, Isn't there some software? :S
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^
    2009-09-24 02:44 AM
    ^No, i dont think so. but i'm no pro.

have you tried googling it? maybe even calling apple (but don't tell them you're jailbroken, just pretend you have a normal 3.0 iphone.)
    2009-09-24 03:53 AM
    I've had quite a few of battery issues with my 2G, and I just wanted to go back to 2.2.1 to see if that would fix it as I think it should. There should be a way I think, Isn't there some software? :S
    You may be able to do a DFU restore to 2.2.1, you would probably need to downgrade to an earlier version of iTunes also.

BUT

there are a lot of apps that require 3.0 to run now.... going in the wrong direction isnt a great idea.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    2009-09-24 05:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD