I'm currently on firmware 3.0.1 on my iPhone 3GS. I updated to "AT&T Carrier 5.1" around 2 weeks ago. I could send picture messages, but not that great. Now that its been released I had my sister update to 3.1. She is on Carrier # 5.5 (obviously not the same as me)

Side note: If your unaware of what I'm talking about with the Carrier numbers, Go to Settings on your phone. Then General. Scroll down to Carrier. WABBBAM!

Anyways, I'm now wondering if your able to get 5.5 on firmware 3.0. It says all over the internet you must be on firmware 3.1 in order to update and get picture messaging, but that may not be the case here.

Is it possible for me to get the update on 3.0? Do I have to download through a link, Shift+Click Update and select the file? If so can anyone provide me with a link?

Or do I have to update to 3.1? Can it be jailbroken on windows? Are there problems that may lie ahead for me if I update? Please give me all the details so I don't make a mistake and pay for it along the way.

Thanks in Advance
    2009-09-26 07:07 PM
    I'm currently on firmware 3.0.1 on my iPhone 3GS. I updated to "AT&T Carrier 5.1" around 2 weeks ago. I could send picture messages, but not that great. Now that its been released I had my sister update to 3.1. She is on Carrier # 5.5 (obviously not the same as me)

Side note: If your unaware of what I'm talking about with the Carrier numbers, Go to Settings on your phone. Then General. Scroll down to Carrier. WABBBAM!

Anyways, I'm now wondering if your able to get 5.5 on firmware 3.0. It says all over the internet you must be on firmware 3.1 in order to update and get picture messaging, but that may not be the case here.

Is it possible for me to get the update on 3.0? Do I have to download through a link, Shift+Click Update and select the file? If so can anyone provide me with a link?

Or do I have to update to 3.1? Can it be jailbroken on windows? Are there problems that may lie ahead for me if I update? Please give me all the details so I don't make a mistake and pay for it along the way.

Thanks in Advance
    I am currently running version 5.1 of the .ipcc file on my 3.0 firmware'd 3Gs. I have no issues with sending or receiving photos. If yours is still working, you can stick with the 5.1 carrier with no issues.

However, if you want to update (in my opinion, it is not an option yet) and go to firmware 3.1, you will lose your JB because there is not a Windows release out there just yet. Version 5.1 of the .ipcc will be more than enough to get you by for now.

Also, check on the main page of the ModMyI website here and click on the link talking about the AT&T Multimedia release. There are lots of links in the posting by people hosting the factory 5.5 .ipcc
    Last edited by se7ensmatrix1216; 2009-09-26 at 07:43 PM.
    2009-09-26 07:41 PM
    Or check StealthBravos 6.0 bundle. I beleive he has a link to it in the thread on the front page
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-09-26 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.