ok so i got suppppper wasted lastnight my car got stuck in mud when it was raining, and had to tow it out, in the process i dropped my phone but didnt realize it till this morning. so that means my phone was rained on and in dirt all night/morning. here the thing the water damage indicator is still white, when i found it, it wasnt buried in dirt or water but just on top of some loose mud and leaves. it didnt turn on. got home air dried it/bag of rice, it didnt seem like it got very wet too. so i plugged it in my computer and it somehow how into dfu mode and i was on 3.0 firmware so itunes asks me to update and i do that and during the process it stays on the progress bar loading the firmware and then just doesnt move from there. it goes about half way and then just doesnt move, i left it alone loading for 3 hrs. and other times too, Whats wrong? am i out of luck, is there any way to fix it?
    2009-09-27 11:33 PM
    I think you should have left it in the bag of rice longer
    2009-09-27 11:40 PM
    how long? i left how like an 2 hrs while blow drying.
    2009-09-27 11:44 PM
    I've heard leave it for 3 days, advice direct from Verizon.
    2009-09-28 04:23 AM
    I've heard leave it for 3 days, advice direct from Verizon.
    same
    2009-09-28 04:48 AM
    what does rice do anyway?

no signature links or spam.... only warning
    2009-09-28 04:48 AM
    pulls all the moisture in to the rice
    2009-09-28 05:08 AM
    3 DAYS?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?..damn, yea i cant wait that long lol...but the phone just stays stuck at the 'Verifying Iphone Restore' point ive tried loading various firmwares but they all get stuck there.

so is my phone unfixable? can apple do anything about it?
    Last edited by rico002; 2009-09-29 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-29 04:02 AM
    you can leave it in the rice longer. try taking it into an apple store and see if they will replace it. you might get lucky if neither of the moisture strips are changed color
    2009-09-29 04:23 AM
    drinking and driving??
    2009-09-29 04:58 AM
    lol not necessarily i was some what sober ....yea the headphone indicator hasnt changed color, where the other one? does it matter if its not underwarranty or how long ive had it?

Oh yea also, lets say i get a new iphone, can i load the backup from the previous phone on my new iphone?
    Last edited by rico002; 2009-09-30 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-30 04:34 AM
    Turn it off and leave it alone for at least a day or two.
    We're not going to help you cheat apple...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-30 04:43 AM
    does it matter if its not underwarranty or how long ive had it?
    If it isn't under warranty you haven't a leg to stand on.
    Oh yea also, lets say i get a new iphone, can i load the backup from the previous phone on my new iphone?
    Yes if it is the same firmware version you can choose to sync from that backup.
    2009-09-30 04:47 AM
    lol not necessarily i was some what sober ....yea the headphone indicator hasnt changed color, where the other one? does it matter if its not underwarranty or how long ive had it?

There is one in the headphone jack, one under the tab in the dock connector, and 2 on the mainboard of the phone inside.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-09-30 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD