I am learing the iphone, I jailbroke,downloaded alot of programs but still kinda dumb on how to do things on the iphone - so confusing to me. Anyway I hate to sync because I have lost music, photo even programs I am probably doing that wrong too. So I installed SSH and winscp and also iphonebrowser and drag & dropped music & photos to my iphone. It showes they are in there in each program but not on my iphone. Don't know what I am doing wrong, any ideas?
    2009-09-29 09:03 PM
    You have to sync music via iTunes unless you are using 3rd party music player.
    2009-09-29 09:31 PM
    yes, you need to sync. The music files on your phone are encoded. You cannot just ssh them onto your phone, it will not work. The advantages of syncing is that you do not lose your files, you constantly keep them in Sync with your computer...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-09-30 12:00 AM
    Thanks, no wonder it wouldn't work. I also transfer a few photos and didn't work also. Is there a way to sync only music and not apps, it seems syncing deleted some of my ********** apps.
    2009-09-30 02:55 AM
    Yes...in iTunes...there are separate categories that you can pick and choose to sync or not to sync. Check it out.
    2009-09-30 02:58 AM
    Thanks, no wonder it wouldn't work. I also transfer a few photos and didn't work also. Is there a way to sync only music and not apps, it seems syncing deleted some of my ********** apps.
    Photos go in /private/var/mobile/media/DCIM/100Apple

They are also formatted by file names. Without the proper file mane they will not appear either

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    2009-09-30 03:08 AM
    How do u not sync apps?
    I did put photos in that folder how do u know the proper file name?
    2009-09-30 03:50 AM
    IMG_0001.jpg, IMG_0002.jpg, etc....

must be 480x320

You cannot sync cracked apps, if that is what you are trying to do.

2009-09-30 04:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD