Hi

I had to open my iphone!

After open the phone donīt works.
    If i connect the phone to usb charger he turn on, but not past the screen of the apple and donīt charged the battery.
    If i connect to a pc is only recognized if in udf mode.

I put the phone in udf mode and tried itunes recover with the firm 3.1 but gave me error 1601

I tried itunes 7.5, 7.7, 8.2, 9.1.... but the error continues .

With this symptoms it will be a battery problem or hardware problem?

Thanks

PS. Sorry my ingles...
    Last edited by @[email protected]; 2009-09-29 at 11:22 PM.
    2009-09-29 11:10 PM
    unplug the phone, hold the home and power buttons down until the phone reboots. If you still do not see anything open the phone up and make sure cable #1 is plugged in.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-09-29 11:54 PM
    ????

Yes the cable is connect.

The screen just work if i connect to a usb charger, if connect to a pc a just worl udf mode.
    2009-09-30 12:15 AM
    Again, hold the home and power buttons down until the phone reboots!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    2009-09-30 12:18 AM
    if I connect the usb charger and press the home button and power button, the iPhone comes into restore mode but if you have connected to the PC and do the same, nothing happens.

The pc only recognizes the iphone if in udf mode.

Thank you for helping.

Up, help

With this symptoms it will be a battery problem or hardware problem?
    Last edited by @[email protected]; 2009-09-30 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-30 10:40 AM
    I work on phones all day, so to me this sound like a hardware problem but I wouldnt really call it a problem. I think you didnt not connect something when you put the phone back together or you damaged something. The LCD cable on the iPhone can be tricky sometimes to put back in place. You need to make sure it is pushed down fully. You can follow this guide if you need help:

How to Put Your iPhone 3G back-together After a Battery Replacement or LCD/Digitizer Repair
    This guide picks up where most have failed. There is not one guide out there that tells you how to put your phone back together after a repair. I will break down step by step on how to do this so you do not miss any parts along the way.

Step 1- By now you should probably put your new battery in place.[/url]
    Step 2- Lets divide your screws into 4 categories so we put the right ones where they belong.
    Group 1-Bracket and screw for camera

Group 2-6 Screws all the same length for the mainboard

Group 3-Longer single screw for the mainboard where the Do Not Remove sticker was/is

Group 4-Longest 2 screws that go next to the dock connector on the bottom of the phone
    Slide the mainboard into place.

Step 3-Now use screw Group 1 and screw in the camera here using the bracket and screw

Step 4-Use Group 2 and screw in these 6 spots around the mainboard

Step 5-Use Group 3 and screw in this spot where the "Do Not Remove" sticker is/was.
    Step 6-Push the ribbon cable #6 back into place. Be careful not to tear any of the cables.
    Step 7-]Push cable #5 back into its place.

Step 8-Push cable #4 back down into place.
    Step 9-Now we are going to attach the display back onto the phone. Cable #3 is going to slide into this port. Make sure the tab is up and be patient, this is a tricky one to slide into place.

Step 10-Push the little tab down to hold the ribbon cable in place.

Step 11-Push cable #2 down in place.
    Step 12-Push cable #1 down into its place.

Step 13-Slide the top end of the display just under the chrome ring that goes around the phone.

Step 14-Push the bottom portion of the display down gently until it is flush with the chrome ring/Bezel.

Step 15-Locate the 2 openings on the bottom of the phone on each side of the dock connector.

Step 16-Use the screws from Group 4 to screw into these openings to hold the display into place.

Step 17-Slide the sim tray back into place.
    Step 18-Hold the home and power buttons down to reset the phone until you see the apple.

You have now successfully pieced back together your iPhone 3G and it is now ready for use!!!

2009-09-30 07:01 PM
    Thanks again for helping.

I think I did everything as the tutorial shows, but when I get home I'll re-do but following your tutorial, I'll also take a picture of matherboard to you view if it is defective.

If it was hardware problem he entered udf mode?
    And the problems, do you think is hardware! Bad connection?
    2009-09-30 07:38 PM
    I beleive the LCD cable may have been damage or is not fully pushed in. But I did find the following info concerning error 1601:

Issue
    When trying to restore your iPhone in iTunes, you may see the following message followed by an error code 1601 or 1602:

The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred.
    Or when trying to restore your iPod touch in iTunes, you may see the following message:

The iPod "[username]" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1602)
    Solution
    Completely remove iTunes and Apple Mobile Device support and then reinstall iTunes 7.5 or the most current iTunes. Click the appropriate link below for instructions on how to accomplish this for your operating system.
    Windows XP-Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP
    Windows Vista-Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista
    Mac OSX-iPhone and iPod touch: How to remove and reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Service on Mac OS X

2009-09-30 07:46 PM
    To take the idea of the lcd cable, unplugged the cable and connected the iPhone to the charger and the screen did not turn on. I returned the call and the screen already turn on.

Itunes 7.5 collect the iphone as ipod
    Last edited by @[email protected]; 2009-09-30 at 11:56 PM.
    2009-09-30 09:53 PM
    I dont understand your english...sorry.

2009-09-30 11:21 PM
    Sorry my inglés

you speak Portuguese?

To confirm the problem was the lcd cable, i open the iPhone and turned off the cable. And the screen is not working !
    I connected again the cable and the screen is already working.

With the iphone plugged in, the screen works and starts to reboot but then goes down.
    With the iphone connected to the pc does not reboot the iphone and the screen does not work. But I can put in udf mode

If you do not understand, says that I try to explain again, excuse my English

and thank you for your patience
    2009-10-01 12:11 AM
    The problem is that the LCD cable is not staying in place. Try using a small piece of electrical tape to hold it down.

2009-10-01 02:17 AM
    If the problema is the lcd cable why the lcd trun on?

the phone when connect to usb vharger the lcd turn on, appears the apple in the lcd and than iphone goes down.
    2009-10-01 03:07 AM
    Is the phone charged?

2009-10-01 03:33 AM
    Is the phone charged?
    No!
    2009-10-01 10:25 AM
    Lol, plug it into the wall over night then!

2009-10-01 10:32 AM
    I've done it, 2 nights in, and nothing.

Do you think that is the dead battery?
    Last edited by @[email protected]; 2009-10-01 at 11:31 AM.
    2009-10-01 10:49 AM
    Where do you live?

2009-10-01 11:55 AM
    Portugal, Leiria City.

why ask?

I've done it, 2 nights in, and nothing.

Do you think that is the dead battery?
    Hi

Do you think the problem is battery?

If you need more info says.
    You are my last Hope ....
    Last edited by @[email protected]; 2009-10-02 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-02 12:00 AM
    No I dont, I think the problem is you damaged something when doing the repair yourself. I asked where you lived because I would offer to repair it for you

2009-10-02 12:01 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD